Fat people doing TurboFire results please!

Options

Replies

• puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Had to google for Turbo Jam, are they really serious?
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?

Women don't get muscular like men with free weights, lifting helps a lot with weight loss and body remodeling.

Take this post as a completely friendly opinion that you're free to ignore since I'm not a woman... but I'm a recovering obese.

Why don't you just keep negative comments to yourself and let her do what she likes... At least she is doing something.. sheesh
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No problem! Thank you so much. :smile: As of right now I'm into Jillian Michaels 90 day body revolution with her 6 week 6 pack 3 times a week.. I can't stand her in the 30 day shred, but in BR she's tolerable, I guess because there's more than 2 other women to look at, lol.
  • devon0324
    devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey I dont have pics but I used Turbo Fire to lose my first 40 pounds. Im now using INsanity to loose the last 50 pounds! I love Turbo Fire!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started Turbofire at 216 pounds in May. I did 11 weeks of the program and lost around 14-15 pounds and 30+ inches.
    Month one:
    2012-05-02125921.jpg
    End of Month two:
    2012-06-27191345-1.jpg

A week or two after finishing week 11:
    2012-07-23092146.jpg

i just feel i dont have the dedication to start Turbofire but...WOW! this is inspiring. i can see a huge difference.
    thank u for sharing.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Had to google for Turbo Jam, are they really serious?
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?
    Turbo Jam is based on kickboxing. How is that "gimmicky"? I'm sorry they gave it a cool name.

Pro-tip: it IS cardio. I burn about 1400 calories per hour doing Turbo Jam.

OP - sorry, but I'm still obese. I've been doing Turbo Jam since my knees can't handle Turbo Fire yet. I will say it's improved my movement quite a bit, and my joints don't hurt like they used to. Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire mostly work your core, so you might not see a lot of muscle definition, but you will be stronger overall. Turbo Jam mostly focuses on your abs.

Watching the clips I can see it's a form of cardio that impacts heavily on your joints (which you really want to avoid when overweight) and lacks any benefit coming from anaerobic exercise.

A stationary bike (or an elliptical machine) and some weights would develop more muscle, burn even more calories and preserve your joints better than doing weird programs.

Is it boring? It might be, but you get results faster my way.
    Sorry, but you are totally wrong. I haven't done the entire TurboFire schedule, but at 280+ pounds I did it for a month. I decided that it might be a little too advanced for where I was at the time, and I decided to try it out again later when I was a little lighter and more fit (maybe in a couple weeks as I am down about 40+ since then...cleaned up the diet, mostly). I have used it on and off throughout the summer, just not the full schedule.

First, all the moves can be modified to low impact and there is a lady to watch for the low impact modifiers. Also, there are multiple workouts, many of them are HIIT and those are definitely anaerobic, unless you aren't doing them correctly. There are also toning videos included in the schedule.

Also, if you pick something boring, that you do not enjoy, the chances of you sticking to it are slim to nil. TurboFire is FUN!
  • writtenonhishand
    Options
    I began Turbofire last week after competing Power 90 and Slim-In-6 this summer. I am currently 211 but started at 241. From what I can tell, as long as you DON"T DO THE JUMPING you will be able to keep up with the intensity of the workout while protecting your joints. How is it going for you?
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today i'm 7 days into Turbo Fire and I love it! I'm overweight as well and Turbo Fire is waaaaay better than a lot of things I've tried to do. Like Taebo, workout on the fitness channel and some workouts on youtube. It's fun, gets you pumped up. Your sweating uncontrollably just all around good time. I don't agree with him either about his "technique" everybody isn't the same and especially woman are not like men. Let people do what they want and don't try to force anything upon them. I do some of the higher intensity moves and then on others I do low intensity because I have a pretty bad knee so I have to be cautious but other than that I'm killing it! Hope your all loving and having great results!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've been a HUGE fan of Chalene's for over 10 years. When I lived in So California, I took her "TurboKick" classes at my local gym and about a year after moving to CT, her Turbo Jam program came out. I have all of the Turbo Jam videos, her Chalene Extreme (weight based) and Turbo Fire. I love them all!

In terms of being obese and if/can a person do TurboFire sucessfully, the last time I "started" Turbofire as a program, I was at 270 lbs. At that time (even though I had worked out some), the videos were too much for me. I, instead, went with a less intense program (P90). Since then, I have occasionally done Turbofire and TurboJam to mix up my cardio days. I am now around 225 and have no problem with the intensity. I'm thinking about following the TurboFire schedule soon as I'm tiring of P90 (I did P90, then Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and then 6 weeks ago, went back to P90).

The key is adjusting (any workout) to your current condition. There will be some moves you can do just like Chalene and other moves you will need to modify; even a person with only 20 lbs left to lose has to modify.

If you like Chalene, go for it! Just modify so you will not hurt yourself. The key is consistency...and you want to be able to consistently work out, not be a hero for just one day.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I swear by TurboJam and TurboFire. Fun cardio with great music. As long as you are moving your body and not popping pills to get results, what's the big deal? Do what YOU like, and find friends that support YOU.

I was in the 170s when I started TJ, and it kept my heart rate in the fat burn/fitness range. After 2 months I graduated to TurboFire, and my heart rate was in the fitness/max performance range. I feel fantastic and love how I look. I'll be a Turbo junkie for life! I prefer lifting weights as opposed to bands, so I'll sub a P90X session in. I love the convenience of working out at home. I'm working towards the 140s now (I'm 5'2").

Feel free to friend me and we can motivate each other! And welcome to the zig zag knee crew!!!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of it but after seeing those results here I am off to Google it lol.

To the OP, please let us know how you get on with it. Feel free to add me x
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Reading this post has made me want to dig out the TurboJam video!
    My husband went cracked w/ the audio so if he's home I have to put it on very low! She's kinda got an annoying voice which I find motivating as I just want it to stop! Ha ha...

It does work though and I'm going to go back to it again!

Again, refresh my memory, how often must one do it?
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had to google it too to see what i was. Watched a YouTube video and it looks really hard!! How long does it take until you can remember all the moves and it time with her? Looks fun though!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had to google it too to see what i was. Watched a YouTube video and it looks really hard!! How long does it take until you can remember all the moves and it time with her? Looks fun though!

TurboJam is not as hard as TurboFire. Once you learn the basic moves, it's a great workout! So fun and a great workout!
  • codycisco
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am now on Day 21 of TurboFire and love it! I am never bored because I am always pushing myself to the next level! Believe it or not I can see a difference in my muscle tone and endurance. I did a pushup!!! and then another and now I can do a complete set! I have never been able to do that! I think I am going to die when doing the Fire Drills but its only one minute so I push through. TurboFire is the best money I have ever spent and I plan to purchase the Advanced DVDs in the future. Its fun and challenging...all ya gotta do is PRESS PLAY!
  • pearlgirl0
    Options
    Turbo Fire is the only workout I've been able to keep consistently. I've tried P90X, Yoga, a couple of other gym programs but I never really liked any. I went from 170 to 150 doing TF and primal eating. I'm picking it back up again, trying to do one TF vid a day, and I've lost around 3 pounds but my muscle definition is totally growing. I LOVE TF and would recommend it to anyone, just look at Ally on Chalene's left to do low impact, she also has low impact HIIT vids on her website. good luck!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love Turbofire,..but I lost more inches with Jillian Michaels 30day shred. I sadly don't have pictures of me after Turbbofire but it is fun and works. I had a baby since I stopped doing it. Something I did notice is that my endurance was awesome. I ran 1 mile on the beach and partly up hill after only doing Turbofire for 2 months, you build incredible endurance. The HIIT really works also. Do incorporate the weight lifting and abs with yoga because they will help you burn lots of inches too.
    Something to keep in mind, as long as you are off the couch and moving for 20 minutes to 1 hr and getting your heart rate up, it really doesn't matter what exercise you are doing, you will burn fat and lose weight. You don't have to be perfect.
  • RedMeeko
    RedMeeko Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm only now finished with week 5. But you wanted fat people results. (I've lost no pant sizes. Actually I take that back I was probably a tight 18 still squeezing into my old old 16 pants. So I've probably gone from an 18 to a comfortable 16.). I've lost three inches off my waist, three off around my navel, one on each arm, and my bandsize has gone down too. I have like 15 weeks to go on this program. So Im excited to see my results then. But here they are for now.

Starting weight was 215. I'm currently 203.

Edit: Too big
  • RedMeeko
    RedMeeko Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    One more time!

oto5wkside-1.jpg
    0to5wk-1.jpg
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I started Turbofire at 216 pounds in May. I did 11 weeks of the program and lost around 14-15 pounds and 30+ inches.
    Month one:
    2012-05-02125921.jpg
    End of Month two:
    2012-06-27191345-1.jpg

A week or two after finishing week 11:
    2012-07-23092146.jpg

Omg those are great results!
  • meaghanrocks
    meaghanrocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Those are amazing results! I am ordering turbo fire this weekend for black friday sales. those results give me hope ill get out of my rut
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!