Going to jail

Options
stephanieb72
stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
I live in Maryland and I got arrested for.......taking a lion to the movies. In Maryland this is against the law!
Where do you live and what crazy law does your state have??

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Where I live now...
    In Seattle...
    You may not carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length. (Maybe because I'm only 5'7"?)
    No one may set fire to another person's property without prior permission. (Kinda takes the fun out of being an arsonist!)

Where I grew up...
    In Arkansas...
    The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock. (Cause we control how high the river rises.)
    A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month. (Thank you, Sir! May I please have another?)
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    Now this Maryland law makes complete sense!

It is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,077 Member
    Options
    I used to live in British Columbia, Canada, where they have a law against "riding a horse furiously on a roadway" so I made very certain to ride my horse happily...
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia and here is some of our crazy laws:

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.

It is illegal to tickle women.

It is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.

Well it looks like I am going to jail cause I broke the law on the first two. oops!!! Guess it's a good thing I didn't get caught ;0)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire

It is illegal to pick seaweed up off of the beach.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Apparently driving your motorcycle 146 mph is against the law in Washington! I didn't slow down to ask though.............I just assumed it when the lights came on after I passed the trooper;)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Is "taking a lion to the movies" a euphemism for something? I don't get why you would do that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!

I thought that also...
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Live in Minnesota.. It is illegal to carry a Chicken over your head across the border from Wisconsin into Minnesota.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Tennessee, which still has a brothel law. Any more than X number of unmarried women cannot share a house by law. We had no sorority houses as a result.
  • Taimarra
    Options
    I live in Virginia and here is some of our crazy laws:

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.

Wow, those sound like the dumb laws on the books still in Utah! (Although theirs adds the after 9pm, lights out, no children in the house, both parties covered from the waist up/knees down (which means either wear a t-shirt and knee-socks, or cut a hole in the sheets), for procreation only, woman's knees may not rise higher than the man's hips, and both parties must be married. It does NOT, however, state they must be married to each other!)

It's illegal in Utah to use a salamander as fish bait.

Now I live in Washington ... it's illegal to shoot an Antwerp Messenger Pigeon here, apparently. Darn ... 50 just flew over the other day and I thought "mmm, pigeon sounds good for dinner"

Edited b/c my fingers typed "copulation" when my brain signaled "procreation"
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    ALSO... It is illegal to have a snowball fight. Just sayin' what kid goes without a good snowball fight?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I was hoping for that myself.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I live in Pennsylvania...and you'd never believe this but
    1.It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.:yawn:
    2.You may not sing in the bathtub.:bigsmile:
    3.A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.:devil:
    4.It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. (I guess this also means...my father couldn't live with me and my 10 sisters, grandmother and my mom her 3 sisters) :noway:
    5.You may not catch a fish with your hands.:ohwell:
    6.You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.:sick:
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    PA:
    It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.
    However up to 120 men can live together, without breaking the law

It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors. (glad i sleep on mine indoors)

You may not sing in the bathtub.(why)

All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires

No one is allowed to sleep on a refrigerator. (Pittsburgh)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You can get 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus in Arizona
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    Another MD law.... Persons may not swear while on the highway. Uh yeah right! My commute is one long string of swear words lol!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ilinois

You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.

More stupid laws from my state...

Champaign
    One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

Chicago
    It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck.

Cicero
    Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays.

Crete
    It is considered an offense to attempt to have sex with one’s dog.

Crystal Lake
    If one wishes to plant new sod in his or her yard in the summer months, that person may not use the city’s water to water it.

Evanston
    Bowling is forbidden.

Galesburg
    There is a $1,000 dollar fine for beating rats with baseball bats.

Horner
    It is against the law to use a slingshot unless your are a law enforcement officer.

Joliet
    Town fathers, reflecting the pet peeve of hearing their town’s name mispronounced ‘Jolly-ETTE’ when all local folk know it’s pronounced ‘Joe-lee-ETTE’, made pronouncing it Jolly-ette a misdemeanor, punishable by a $5 fine.

Kenilworth
    A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow.

Kirkland
    Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland’s streets.

Normal
    It is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Orland Park
    No pool tables are allowed in a public establishment, because it supports gambling.

Ottawa
    Spitting on the sidewalk is a criminal offense.

Park Ridge
    Trucks may only park inside closed garages.

Rock Island
    Citizens are taxed because it rains on their property.

Zion
    It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Oregon:

It is illegal to pump your own gas.

Oklahoma (where I used to live):

Whaling is illegal.