Options

Replies

• stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I live in Pennsylvania...and you'd never believe this but
    1.It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.:yawn:
    2.You may not sing in the bathtub.:bigsmile:
    3.A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.:devil:
    4.It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. (I guess this also means...my father couldn't live with me and my 10 sisters, grandmother and my mom her 3 sisters) :noway:
    5.You may not catch a fish with your hands.:ohwell:
    6.You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.:sick:

This caught me off guard and made me snort.
    The refridgerator law is crazy.... must have happened a lot??
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Also in BC:
    The best place in Canada to be imprisoned - if you're a bankrupt drunk - is B.C. A law requires jailers to bring convicted debtors a pint of beer on demand
    Balloon animals are not permitted in public in Victoria BC.
    It is illegal to kill a sasquatch

In my home province of Alberta:
    Edmonton: All bicycle riders must signal with the arm before making a turn, and a bicycle rider must keep both hands on the handlebars at all times
    It is illegal to set fire to the wooden leg of a wooden legged man
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Taz in the 1960's no hawaiian shirts were to be work on a tuesday, the law has never been changed but it's no longer enforced
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    what the H*ll goes on in Illinois?? Those are crazy laws LOL!!!
    My cat and dog love a good cigar.... I will make sure we don't move there :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Nothing but Food, Pharmecutical items, and Toiletries can be sold in Bergen County, NJ on Sundays. (No clothing, no furniture, no home decor, nothing)

^Any stores that sell clothing mixed with other items (like Target, Walmart, etc.) MUST have the illegal sections blocked off every sunday, or close down for the day.

They call it "the blue laws" and it is a really, really, really old law that nobody wants to get rid of.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I will save this as a reference, and to remind myself not to bring a lion to the movie theatre, pee in a patrons mouth and then fall asleep on top of a refrigerator. So long Saturdays
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love this!!

In Wichita, Ks it is illegal to walk your goose down the street inside the city limits.:noway:

In Centralia, Ks (a very small town) it is illegal to mow your lawn on a weekday after 6pm while wearing shorts.:laugh:
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ohio: It is illegal to ride on top a taxi

Women may not wear patent leather shoes ( lest you see up their dress)
    In ohio you must honk your horn and signal before passing (yeah that will help road rage lol)
    and we got PA beat, no more than 5 women living in a house lol
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    I will save this as a reference, and to remind myself not to bring a lion to the movie theatre, pee in a patrons mouth and then fall asleep on top of a refrigerator. So long Saturdays

So long giraffe neck fishing on Sundays too :frown:
  • gypsybree
    Options
    New Mexico
    Nudity is allowed, provided that male genitals are covered.
    Women may walk in public topless provided they have their nipples covered.
    Idiots may not vote.
    State officials ordered 400 words of “sexually explicit material” to be cut from Romeo and Juliet.
    It’s legal to gamble on bicycle races, but not ostrich or camel racing
    It is illegal for cab drivers to reach out and pull potential customers into their cabs.

Carrizozo, NM
    It’s forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public.

Deming, NM
    Persons may not spit on the steps of the opera house.
    Hunting is prohibited in Mountain View Cemetery.

Las Cruces, NM
    You may not carry a lunchbox down Main Street.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot another one

New Jersey is one of 2 (I think?) States where it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas.

I grew up in NY, and having to wait for some idiot to pump my gas is super annoying.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Live in Minnesota.. It is illegal to carry a Chicken over your head across the border from Wisconsin into Minnesota.

Are you from St.Olaf? (Golden Girls)
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    In Lake Stevens there is still a law that says a person cannot drive at night without a person walking with a lantern 25 feet in front of the vehicle.

In Everett there is no hypnotism allowed in store front windows.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    Options
    Oh I forgot another one

New Jersey is one of 2 (I think?) States where it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas.

I grew up in NY, and having to wait for some idiot to pump my gas is super annoying.

I know that is the case in Oregon. They don't want to pay the insurance premiums that they would need in order to let customers pump the gas. I always forget when I drive through. lol
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm in California:

It is a misdomeanor to shoot any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless it is a whale (huh?)
    A woman may not drive in a housecoat.
    It is illegal for an adult to stop a child from playfully jumping over a puddle (this one is cute).
    In LA it is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap larger than 2" without her consent.
    In San Francisco elephants are prohibited from strolling down Market Street unless they're on a leash.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    In Nevada It’s against the law to pawn your dentures.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    Options
    [/quote]
    Deming, NM
    Persons may not spit on the steps of the opera house.
    Hunting is prohibited in Mountain View Cemetery.
    [/quote]

But, how will we kill the zombies?
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!

hahaha, I thought that too! was going to comment on their insane dedication.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    In our town,it's against city law to park your horse at cityhall with out them having a saddle,headcollars and ropes on them!
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Live in Minnesota.. It is illegal to carry a Chicken over your head across the border from Wisconsin into Minnesota.

Are you from St.Olaf? (Golden Girls)

I am not from St.Olaf, but I know of it. haha :)