Going to jail

Options

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    For those who were talking about think that this was a post from a person in jail wanting to lose weight......I work at a jail. Our meals are designed around 1800 calories a day, with alot of that being carbs. That being said, it's also not the most appetizing food, which meals alot of people eat Commissary, which is also full of carbs. Plus, if you eat the meals, plus your Commissary, you can easily net 2500 or more calories a day. It takes alot of commitment for people to lose in a place like this. There's a few, though, that I've run into that do try. And I encourage them to as much as I can.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    I live in South Africa and we need a TV license in order to own, rent or buy a TV
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Oregon:

In Myrtle Creek - One may not box with a kangaroo (???? there aren't any here...wait...who would?)
    I couldn't find Kangaroos in Myrtle Creek however there are some wallabies in the wildlife safari nearby.
    They call them "wallaroos", oh yeah.

The big red kangaroo is more likely to box, but he does kick boxing and you really don't want to try that.
    Leave the little wallabies alone, they don't hurt anyone.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not sure how true this is but, in South Carolina it is illegal not to take your rifle with you to church on Sunday.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I just found this about Ontario:
    ~In Ottawa, its illegal to eat icecream on Bank St. on a Sunday.
    ~In Toronto, you can't drag a dead horse down Yonge on a Sunday.
    ~ In Etobicoke bylaws states that no more than 3.5 inches of water is allowed in a bathtub.
    ~In Kanata the color of house and garage doors is regulated by city bylaws (a purple door get you a fine). It is also illegal to have a clothes line in your backyard.
    ~In London it is against city by-law to allow the grass in your front lawn to grow taller than 1-1/2 inches. If it does, the city will mow it for you, and fine you $200
    ~In Uxbridge residents are not allowed to have an Internet connection faster than 56k
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!

LOL....that dang prison food has too many carbs
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In Louisiana:

Biting someone with your natural teeth is “simple assault,” while biting someone with your false teeth is “aggravated assault.

Also, it is illegal to gargle in public.

Those darn garglers....always messing things up.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Some of these are a case of Politicians being to lazy to repeal the old laws.

I will hve to mention to a friend who is running for Sennate in Rhode Island, that he might have to check out their old obscure laws :happy:

Andy
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    In Ohio, it's supposedly against the laws to fish for whales on a Sunday....like we're ANYWHERE near the ocean.

Not being permitted to get fish drunk, I can understand: there's a lot of partying around Lake Erie and I'm sure the cops have their hands full with intoxicated humans, much less the fish as well.
  • VeggieloverLilly
    Options
    In Indiana it is officially against the law to have oral sex or commit sodomy.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ...I thought this was going to be a thread about being arrested. I'm rather disappointed to find yet another frivolous, silly thread about silly information. I know talking about going to jail is a major downer, but it's very cathartic to find others who have experienced something similar. Just my $.02.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ...I thought this was going to be a thread about being arrested. I'm rather disappointed to find yet another frivolous, silly thread about silly information. I know talking about going to jail is a major downer, but it's very cathartic to find others who have experienced something similar. Just my $.02.

in the state of MFPland it is illegal to get all serious in the city of ChitCHat
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've got a few english ones...........

It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).

In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

In York, excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow - not entirely sure you would get away with this one though!!!!!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    In Pa if you see a horse coming down the rode you have to pull your car over and cover it with a blanket to blend in with the scenery.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I literally have tears running down my face....these are HILARIOUS!!!!

Living in Australia is SO boring hahaha....
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maine:

Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.

-It is illegal to sell a car on Sunday unless it comes equipped with plumbing.(you actually still can't sell cars on Sunday)

-You may not step out of a plane in flight.

-It's illegal to clean salmon along Maine's upper Kennebec River.

-After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.

-It's illegal to catch lobsters with your bare hands.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nothing but Food, Pharmecutical items, and Toiletries can be sold in Bergen County, NJ on Sundays. (No clothing, no furniture, no home decor, nothing)

^Any stores that sell clothing mixed with other items (like Target, Walmart, etc.) MUST have the illegal sections blocked off every sunday, or close down for the day.

They call it "the blue laws" and it is a really, really, really old law that nobody wants to get rid of.

This must be where Texas got the ideas for stupid blue laws. Growing up in the late 70's, you couldn't buy pantyhose on Sundays. Malls were closed on Sundays.

Car dealerships have to be closed one day a week.

You can't buy liquor (excluding beer/wine) after 9 p.m. or on Sundays. Beer & wine can't be sold before noon on Sunday.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland and I got arrested for.......taking a lion to the movies. In Maryland this is against the law!
    Where do you live and what crazy law does your state have??

Shoot, you just blew my plans for the day.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Here are a few more from various cities in Missouri:

Worrying squirrels will not be tolerated.
    Installation of bathtubs with four legs resembling animal paws is prohibited.
    It's illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket.
    No person may own a PVC pipe. (there goes the plumbing!)
    One may not honk another's horn. (is that a euphamism?)
    Minors are not allowed to purchase cap pistols, however they may buy shotguns freely. They also cannot buy lighters, but rolling papers and tobacco is okay.
    Salesmen are not allowed to peddle goods while sitting in the middle of the road, screaming at vehicles passing by.

:D
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    In Massachusetts it is illegal to have sex with a rodeo clown.

In Utah a person can have sex with an animal as long as it is not for cash.

In Oklahoma a citizen can get arrested for making ugly faces at a dog

In California it is illegal for a car without a driver to be going over sixty miles per hour.

In Tennessee it is against the law to drive while sleeping.