When will I see results?

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    take photos and measurements. are your clothes getting looser?

if none of those things are changing then you should be worried. if they are then don't worry about the mirror.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Try wearing 'older' clothes and see how loose they are on you.

( I used the correct ' loose'..yay me!)
  • cutiepie590
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I didn't see anything until at my job people that never spoke to me said have you lost weight? I was like wow everybody is noticing but me. I noticed afterwards in pictures. Don't focus on the look and watch how people will ask you about the weight you've lost.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're changing but as others have said your not really looking with your eyes. I started to notice a change in my appearance after 20 lbs. First thing for me was my face wasn't so round and bloated looking anymore. Now after 43 lbs i'm down from a 14 to a 10 in jeans. Wearing a size Medium t-shirt right now. Was an XL at one time. I'm also 5'11" so its a very noticeable change for me.

Your the same height as my daughter and she is complaining that at 145 lbs she needs to lose some weight. She carries it all in her rear. It all depends on where you're holding it and how it comes off as to where its noticeable.

Whatever you do get out of your head and stop thinking so much about what you look like and think about how far you've come. You just don't see it because you still see yourself as that heavy person. The closer you get to your goal you'll be happier and won't be so negative about it. Measure yourself and take photos. That will put it all into perspective for you.
  • jessthib09
    jessthib09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone's help. Sorry it took me so long to post a reply. I will go through some old pictures tonight and hopefully snap out of this.My calories are about 1400 and I lose about 0.5 pound a week. My boyfriend and family say they see a difference so I am sure it needs to be there :tongue: Also, I haven't taken measurements since the first of july so I should definitely do that tonight too!
    Again, thanks a ton! I feel better already just from reading those nice suggestions.
    If I find a good comparison picture i will post it here tonight and see what you all think :flowerforyou:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It's probably more a matter of percentage than pounds. And if you've been exercising, the muscle is more compressed than fat (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-much-does-a-pound-weigh-295817), so that will affect it too.
    At about 5% of my starting weight lost, I could feel, but not see a difference. At 10% I could see a difference and a few people made comments. At 15% (and more) quite a few people have noticed and made comments.
    But if you still see fat in your mind, it may take longer for you to see how your body has really changed. If you're one of those people who are only trying to lose 1 or 2% of your starting weight, the weight-loss will probably not be visible, but the fitness and healthiness will be.

Edited to add link to blog entry about weight of fat vs. muscle.