What are your October goals?

Options
There were lots of threads about September goals, but I don't see many about October goals.

Do you make monthly goals? Or even weekly goals?

I made several goals for September (not weight loss goals, but goals about how many miles I would walk, and how many minutes of planks I would do, and how many days I would go to the gym, etc.) and am now looking to make some October goals. I thought it might be inspiring to hear what other people's goals are, to give me some ideas.

So, if you make monthly goals, what are your October goals?

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in October, so I want to give myself a present. 20 pounds down - by October 18th! :bigsmile:
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cut my 5k time under 30 minutes and drop 8-10 more pounds :)
  • Tayilcious
    Options
    My October Goals:

- No junk food/candy until Halloween
    - Do all my homework on time
    - Finish Month 1 of Insanity
    - Go running everyday
    - Weigh in at 120 on October 17th
    - Get more defined abs
    - Get honors
    - Weigh in at 116 on Halloween

I also promise to do the mini challenges people post on MFP :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    To do my monthly weigh in on Monday am and revaluate where I am and if I need to lose any more weight. My weight loss has plateaued, but I keep getting smaller and I don't think I need to drop much more body fat and I certainly don't want to drop another dress or bra size.

I recently realised that I can now do full press ups, and I would like to get to the stage where I can do 3 sets of 15 or 20 by the end of October.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    50 miles walked. Lose two pounds a week and not this slow one pound a week thing I've fallen into.

Have visitation rights at my gym, since I'm still supporting it. :laugh:
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Never thought of any, but I think.......

30 minutes of exercise everyday
    Go outside w/daughter at least 3 days a week
    Buy 2 new outfits
    Log food at least 5 days a week
    Lose 5 lbs (whew, <===this one was hard to write, but i gained like 5 lbs, so maybe I can take them off.)

I have more, but will write down at my house because they are not health related.

Thank you for this post because I need to set goals, so that I know what I am pushing towards.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Increase bench by 30 lbs
    Increase my max squat by at least 20lbs
    Run a mile under 8 min
    cut another 10lbs of fat
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 10 pounds
    get back to running once I am cleared medically
    be fierce in all of my classes :)
  • aldalilja
    aldalilja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Swim 2 kilometers,
    Lose 3 kilos (6.6 lbs)
    Exercise at least 4 times per week
    Keep my apartment clean
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Lose 5-10 pounds (lost 10 for September)
    Burn 10K exercise calories
    Limiting ground beef
    Get back into lifting!
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lose 4 lbs by Oct 31!
    Continue to limit processed foods!
    Keep my grades up!
    Stay positive. :)
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I try to make goals every month but I often find myself forgetting about them till 25th and by then it's too late :(.
    At the moment my October goals are :
    To build up my immune system, because with me being at school I really do need to make sure I am off as little as possible so I can get ahead with work.
    and
    To focus on eating healthier things, rather than doing what I do now, which is sticking to the calorie goals but still eating lots of crap.
    Hope that has helped :D
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym, I was working out at home and hit a plateau in June. So my goals for October are to break through the plateau and focus more on weight training. My birthday is at the end of Nov, I have 9 pounds to go to hit my goal...I'm hoping to lose 4 or 5 pounds in October and the rest before Nov 30th.

Good luck everyone!! :)
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ya'll don't laugh at my October goal mmmk? :laugh: Or go ahead and laugh I don't care, it's all good!

ok... this is also on my bucket list **cough cough** My October goal is.....

To learn to do the THRILLER all by myself at home! haha! I'll be dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller in my living room for a month until I can get at least half of the moves right :laugh: this oughta be fun!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Log all my calories everyday and finish under goal.
    Establish a workout routine - at least 4 days a week of hard work.
    Lose 8 pounds.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    - Get down to 130-132lbs by October 31st
    - Finish 30DS
    - Eat clean
    - Work out 5-6x a week
    - Make A's on all my tests in school ;p
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday on 30th october and I would LOVE to break through the 12 stone barrier for that - so this month's goal is 4.4 lbs to get there. That would almost make me a smidge away from losing my first stone - but I'll leave that one for November then when it happens it'll be another buzz.

Slowly does it for me but I'm so fed up of shredding my brains with diet pressure, you know?
  • weeksteri
    Options
    My October goals are to lose 10-20 pounds this month, start walking 1 mile or more 3-5x per week outside or on the treadmill, and start drinking water or crystal lite/diet kool aide instead of orange diet pop (my favorite!)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hit 230# by the end of October. That would get me to the first weight loss number that popped in my head (83#).
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    -Lose 5 lbs by Halloween and more inches off my waist
    - Workout 6 days a week withJillian Michaels Dvds (Banish fat & No more trouble zones)