NSV: Lifting Heavy = New haircut. (Pics!) (106lbs lost)

Options

Replies

• AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation, Great dedication.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    what an amazing testimony! I absolutely LOVE stories like yours :) it inspires me to keep going no matter what! And girl.... you look HOT! keep up the good work!!!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    wat a transformation...you look gorgeous and ripped...thanks for posting this :)
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You look great. Your neck and shoulders are HOT!! I love my trapezius. Glad to see other ladies'll give that "manly" muscle some love too!

Congrats on the pay off for all your hard work!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and the new haircut looks great too...we see the pride in your eyes.
  • sbrinkme
    Options
    What cardio did you start with? How did you do it? And you look FANTASTIC by the way!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You do look fantastic!

And I feel bad about being a bit of a "Debbie Downer" but I hope you (and anyone else contemplating following your path) are working with a trainer who knows about Paget-Schroetter syndrome (VTOS) so that you are exercising in a way that minimizes your risk for what I have been living with for the last 20+ years. Essentially you can hypertrophy the scalene muscles enough that they close off the small opening that the vein returning the blood from your arm to your heart. This can cause clotting or fibrotic blockages that you (sometimes) can't ever get rid of ( http://jucm.com/read/casereport.php?casereport=6 ).

Mine on the left side came from swimming (and likely a congenital abnormality of the costoclavicular ligament). At the time it was pretty rare (they could only find a half dozen articles- almost all about swimmers). It is much more common now because of weight lifting. I had the top rib on my right side removed two years ago, and am symptom free on that side. For the time being we are leaving the left alone - even though it is the one which completely clotted shut, and is partially blocked permanently. Most of the blood on that side returns through surface collateral veins (which I think are beautiful since they literally saved my left arm - but a lot of people think are really ugly). No symptoms at the moment, but I am heading for an evaluation for silent pulmonary embolisms (a risk once you have unresolved Paget-Schroetter, which can cause permanent lung damage).

So - even though it seems pretty innocuous, and is beneficial - generally, upper body weight lifting is something that really needs mentoring by someone who knows about and can help you minimize the risks for this particularly nasty syndrome.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Miss , You Look Fantastic Way To Go ..!!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What did you do for cardio when you started at 270lbs????
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!:noway:
  • You look great !!! very uplifting,says the fly on the wall,lol!!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Arms:
    Triceps Dips (on flat bench, legs straight in front of me): 4 sets of 10
    Shoulder raises(side and front): 12.5lbs, 5 sets of 5
    Pull Ups (assisted machine): 70lbs counter weight, 1 set of 6, 1 set of 3
    Bicep curls: 20lbs, 5 sets of 5

Thanks for sharing your workout. Your arms look spectacular!

I'm trying to work on getting rid of my "bingo wings". I'm halfway through my weight loss (SW 217: CW 176: GW 149) and have lots of underarm droop. Your before and after shows that you were able to make it all go away! That's exactly what I want to acheive.

I'm currently doing triceps dips (one leg raised) and biceps curls (up to 15 lbs now). I'm a little unbalanced on the assisted pull up machine so I'm doing a lateral pull down machine instead. That's close, right?

What are shoulder raises and do they work the muscle on the outside top of your arms?
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look good. And nice definition in your arms/shoulders!!
  • phatycake
    Options
    Wow! True inspiration!! Love the new do, too!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!!!
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :). Keep up the good work.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Holy Hotness! You look fantastic!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress and such a cute cut on you!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    love the haircut and you look AMAZING!! Great job on the lifting heavy - WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!