What is your "ideal" weight?

Options
I'm 5'5 and I would like to be at 125lbs. I was just thinking how I have no idea how I came up with it. It just sounds good :)
How did you come up with yours?

Replies

• Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 an i would like to be between 130 n 150
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My "ideal" weight is "under 165" 'cause I haven't been there since I was 16. Am planning on winging it from there ;-)
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my ideal weight is a United Kingdom size 8 or 145lbs. :)
  • mylove0mylife
    Options
    I'm 5'5" as well, I want to be between 140 - 160 because that sounds healthy to me. Per the BMI chart it says I should be '120 - 140'', but I don' think that's right.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    200 to 210 pounds… depending on my composition...
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", so maybe 130? :)
    I haven't weighed that much since the 5th grade. (Course back then that was a lot)
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" 216lbs. right now...shooting for 240lbs...WHAAAATS UP !!
  • theprincereturns
    Options
    6' shooting to keep weight around 180. Mostly becuase I know i feel great at that weight and it is within the healthy range on BMI calculators. I have more muscle/thicker build than average so I tend to shoot for the top of the BMI chart ranges. (BMI is less accurage for taller people as well).
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" too and when I was much younger 125 pounds was my ideal weight. Dayum, I looked good! But now I am almost 63 and would be happy to weight between 140 and 150.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot and am currently 112. I would like to ideally go down to around 100. If I don't lose a pound, but feel better with more energy and tone up and slim down I would be just as happy. Weight is just a number, I don't care so much about that as I care about just feeling better with more energy and healthier.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    140# at 5'2". I picked it because it's a tiny bit above "normal" on the BMI charts and I'm not sure I could lose enough weight to be in the "normal" range.
  • krockpop
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I would like to be at 125lbs. I was just thinking how I have no idea how I came up with it. It just sounds good :)
    How did you come up with yours?

I'm 5'5 too and when I looked up my BMI it suggested a healthy weight for me would be between 120-150. 125 is just what I'm aiming for but I'd be happy at any weight below 150 to be honest :)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    5'4, huge hips and large bust, therefore I picked the larger side of the "healthy range of weight" which was posted on a few sites.. which is about 133-135 for me
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    my ideal weight is 190-200 and its when i felt the best in my life. If i was under it I got fatigued quicker when playing sports and such. but that range i could go for hours..

Try this site to help set yours http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
    It will help get a good idea
  • karenboatright
    Options
    I am 5'5" and would be skin and bones at 125. I will be glad to be at 140. Probably no lower than that.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and idea weight (for summer) would be 128Ibs :) and UK 8 hopefully
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6'' and would love to be 120, though i wonder if i'd be just skin and bones at that point? it's still what i'm shooting for. i'm not sure why that number...it just sounds nice? it sounds pretty...adn thin... hm
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I feel most comfortable between 112-115lb, UK size 8.

I came up with that figure as I've weighed more and less than that in the past and feel that I look best and feel most like myself in that range.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Would love to be 130
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 and my ideal weight would be 125-130.
    i got this number from an NHS height-weight ratio chart.

currently at 168 and working on getting this 38lbs off and then decide if 130 is fine or need to lose a lil more...