40 lbs lost so far since July. We can do it guys.

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
I took a progress pic while at a hotel a few days ago and I was surprised at the noticeable difference in my body composition already. Then I looked at my before pics, which I hate doing, and felt a little sick at how far I had let myself go before doing something about it. So I wanted to share so that any other guys (or gals) here can see that we can change how we look and feel if we're willing to make the effort.

This is me at 340lbs.
beforefront-1.jpg

And again at 300lbs.
IMG_20120927_173301.jpg

Replies

• Taimarra
    Options
    I can only see half of you in the "before" pic ... but I can tell there is a HUGE difference between that and the after pic. You're looking great!
  • amybeth83
    amybeth83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are looking great!!!!! Keep up the good work :)
  • whierd
    Options
    Right click it, and select "View Image". I'm not sure why MFP cuts off photos like that, but I even recropped it and its still half off the screen. =/
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done. I can see a big difference :-)
  • trumpeter26
    trumpeter26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing! Definitely you can do this. :)
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !! Happy for you but now I am depressed. I have been doing this since June and have lost 12 pounds. How did you do it? I am staying under calorie and working out 5-6 days a week, what is your secret?
  • whierd
    Options
    Awesome job !! Happy for you but now I am depressed. I have been doing this since June and have lost 12 pounds. How did you do it? I am staying under calorie and working out 5-6 days a week, what is your secret?

Guys tend to lose weight much more quickly then women for some reason. Plus I had the advantage of my sheer size. A guy weighing 200lbs won't lose as quickly as a guy weighing 300lbs, for example. For the most part, when I was losing weight the quickest, I was keeping my carbs to breakfast/lunch and then going with just protein and veggies for dinner. I'm not sure if that actually assisted my weight loss, but it definitely made me "feel" like I was losing more because I wouldn't wake up with a bloated feeling.
  • laurisgomez
    Options
    wow you motivate me to work even harder to get to my ideal weight
  • LindaLou252
    Options
    Awesome work! I've lost 40 lbs since May... Maybe I should look those before pics up... *cringe* I, totally, get it! Keep on keepin' on!!! :drinker:
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Keep going! :D

You can really see the difference on you!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Soo proud of you and can't wait to celebrate with you when you reach goal!
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    great job! You dont even look like you weigh 300lbs but definitely can see a big difference in the pics..keep it up.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Good Job Man! Keep it up!
  • whierd
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work. :)
  • Car2012
    Car2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhmazing, dear friend. :drinker:
  • whierd
    Options
    Ahhhhhmazing, dear friend. :drinker:

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! You can definitely see a difference. Keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!