Do you withhold doing it when mad at your significant other?

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Unless it was something REALLY bad, I wouldn't withhold sex. Women need to feel close to have sex, men need sex to feel close, so it would be counter intuitive to withhold sex. Maybe a day if he did something that was that bad. An arguement, nah!

And like another said, women have needs too hehe
  • Maria_81
    Options
    Yes, and it works incredibly well every time. :)
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Intimacy is a must. It is great for the stress, as well as feeling close to that person, boosts your self-esteem.
    I don't think any argument is worth it to deprive yourself from having a great time with the one you love.
    No way.... If there is stress, you can get wild in bed and let all your anger out =) Problem solved and everybody happy!
  • enivedlliw
    Options
    Here is a hint... "The Silent Treatment" is not a punishment for a man, it is usually a well earned relief...
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly withhold... but if we get in a fight I usually head right to my workout equipment and try to get my aggression out that way. The only part that sucks now is that I come back an hour later no longer angry and he is still pissed.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Here is a hint... "The Silent Treatment" is not a punishment for a man, it is usually a well earned relief...

I'm assuming that was directed at me. And, it is a punishment of the worst kind... I'm charming and delightful to talk to. A world without the sound of my voice? Well, there just is no worse punishment.

(And, I'm kidding. I'm waaay too mature to do the silent treatment. I just pour bleach on his clothes and 'accidentally' slash his tires.)
  • enivedlliw
    Options

I'm assuming that was directed at me. And, it is a punishment of the worst kind... I'm charming and delightful to talk to. A world without the sound of my voice? Well, there just is no worse punishment.

(And, I'm kidding. I'm waaay too mature to do the silent treatment. I just pour bleach on his clothes and 'accidentally' slash his tires.)

:D
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If I am mad I can honestly say I'm not in any mood for it. We have never done make up sex either. Not because I don't want to, usually it is him who doesn't want to. It takes a lot for us to get mad at each other and we hardly ever fight.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No. I wouldn't be with someone that did. And I think there is a difference between when in the heat of the moment mad, and holidng a grudge and not giving it up for a week or so after an argument.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No. I wouldn't be with someone that did. And I think there is a difference between when in the heat of the moment mad, and holidng a grudge and not giving it up for a week or so after an argument.

Totally this!!! I would never with hold like that but I can't hold a grudge if I wanted to. I forgive and let things go pretty fast.
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm way too weak to withhold
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    One simply does not waste sex, its like throwing away food with all the starving children, you know how many people going to bed with a pillow or hitachi, who am i to waste sex, i'll just take me aggressions out on her Walter White style
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    No. Why punish myself?
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

LOL
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i grudge *kitten* it out....it's great stress relief.....and hard to stay mad at someone while in post-orgasm glow.

What she^ said. :D
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I try not to punish other people by shooting myself in the foot.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    "You'll cut YOURSELF off"
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Not as a punishment, no. But I can't get in the mood if I'm angry at someone, and I'm not about to fake it for some sake of "wifely duty" or some other such B.S. If there's something I'm mad about...I just tell him, and we try and work it out! Never go to bed angry, you know? Not that it's 100% effective, but it sure beats being petty about it and treating something as important as physical intimacy with the one you love like it's nothing more than a cheap bargaining trick.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is whats on on in my marriage, been together 10 years maybe she's been mad at me for 9.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the anger is about :) But mostly no.