How much weight did you lose to drop a dress size?

How much did you have to lose before you went down a dress size? ?

Replies

• electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Starting at 5'8" 170, every 5 was a pant size. As far as dress sizes go, maybe its similar?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    for me it was 7-8 lbs and i dropped a size.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    I had a lot of butt and belly so it took a good 10lbs per size. As I got closer to goal that changed to 5-7lbs.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Around 8-10 lbs for me to drop a pants or dress size.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    I had a lot of butt and belly so it took a good 10lbs per size. As I got closer to goal that changed to 5-7lbs.

yup me too :grumble:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Starting at 5'8" 170, every 5 was a pant size. As far as dress sizes go, maybe its similar?

I am 5'8" , starting weight 174, and I had a very similar experience - after the first 15 pounds, I dropped to a 12, then about the next 20 pounds dropped me to a 10, then about 5 dropped me to an 8... i hover between and 8 and a 6 size jeans. As I am maintaining my weight and exercising / staying active / moving more, everything seems roomier, but not "baggy".

Dresses are a totally different story. I have size 6,8, and 10. None are baggy, all are fitted, so who knows. I may be a dress size 10 and all jeans are now "vanity" sized. ebony___ it may just be the style of jeans you wear have more stretch or "easy fit" than other styles. If they are easier to zip up, take it as a NSV!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    I was told that it equates to 10lbs is a dress size BUT from personal experience (having lost 30lbs and only 1 dress size) it all depends on where you carry your weight and subsequently where you lose it from..

I'm hoping that when I'm 20lbs lighter at the end of the year I'll be in a size 16 :)
  • joyceca
    joyceca Posts: 9 Member
    i think the rule of thumb is about 10 pounds. good luck :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    About a stone (14lbs) per dress size for me.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    I have always heard 10 pounds lost brings you down 1 clothing size. However, if you are "plus sized" you have to loose more weight to drop a size. I think some of it depends on how your weight is distributed, as well.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    It's definitely a lot more weight between sizes in the plus size world. I've lost 20 and my pants are barely looser in the waist, I'm guessing I won't get into a smaller size for another 20 at least. I don't expect anyone will notice I'm losing weight until I hit 50 off :(
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    I've lost 25 lbs and dropped two dress sizes.
    this time last year I was about 195 and a size 12
    I'm about 170 now and wore a size 8 dress last week! (and in my current profile picture :))

edit: if you want to lose inches stop thinking about the number on the scale and start lifting weights.
    strength training will help to build muscle, burn more fat which will then take up less space and your clothes will fit better.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Mine was about 25 pounds before I could comfortably fit into a smaller size.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 5'5. I started as a size 18/20 and am now comfortably 16 or 16/18 depending on the brand. (uk sizes) and I've lost 46lbs so far. It's only recently I've been getting more 16s than 18s so I'd say I'd dropped a size at around 30/40lbs lost?
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    it really depends on where you start. It took about 25 lbs per size from above a 20 US sizes. Then about 15lbs from 20-18 and another 15lbs for me to get into a 16. The smaller my size gets, the less weight I have to drop to get into a smaller one
  • SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    For me, I started at 247 and was a size 20. Once I got down to about 225-230 I was in an 18 comfortably, and once I got to 210 I was in a 16 comfortably.... I am now 199, and my 16s are still fitting, but at the end of the day are really loose... I think once I get to 185/190 I will be squeezing into a 14... So for me, I average about every 15-20 pounds.... It's somewhat frustrating, but I have been told as I get smaller I will drop sizes with less pounds lost
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    I've lost almost 50lb, and so far only gone down 1 dress size. It seemed that I was losing weight and not inches.
    That combined with the bloating from a suspected gluten allergy, I would have thought I'd gone down two instead.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    took me 20
  • littek
    littek Posts: 1 Member
    Wow it’s so interesting to see how it differs for everyone I’ve lost 18lbs and am yet to drop a dress size. I’m finding it quite disheartening to be honest but in the nicest possible way I’m glad to see it’s not just me