Anyone have success stories from Metabolism Miracle program?

Options
htaylor12
htaylor12 Posts: 4 Member
Anyone have success stories from Metabolism Miracle program?

Replies

• spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the book. I don't care what people say about low-carb and "fad" diets -- NOTHING, I mean NOTHING has worked for me, and I am at the end of my rope!
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been on MM since September. I've lost 53 pounds and my cravings for carbs/sugar/processed foods. I'm not going to lie, the first 3-4 days are tough but if you push through them it gets LOTS easier. I have more energy and several of my food sensitivities have disappeared.

I'm currently in phase II with about 24 more pounds to lose. Through personal preference I've chosen to go gluten free but it's not necessary. I wouldn't trade this way of eating for anything else.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • dustwitch
    dustwitch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After reading this, i just ordered the book to be sent to my kindle. I really struggle to lose weight following ANY diet. I can stick to a diet rigidly for weeks and lose just a couple of pounds. It's so frustrating !, after weeks of depriving myself I end up giving up ! I have some wierd food allergies and have been to the doctor to be tested for diabetes and thryoid but both came back within a normal range. I'm overweight but because I'm middle-aged, have had a couple of kids and I'm not obese the doctor's aren't really interested. This sounds interesting...thanks for bringing it to my attention : )
  • mercham3
    mercham3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost 2 weeks now and have lost 6.5 pounds. The first 3 days were difficult, but I am enjoying it now. The scale wasn't moving for me for 6 months and had my blood sugars and thyroid checked out. They were all normal. So far this is working for me and I am feeling great.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping,............. is this a low carb diet?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So far so good:smile: I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I've done most weight loss programs with no success. I'm currently on week 7 of stage one. I've lost 7 - 10 lbs depending on water retention. This is a total morale booster because I'm lucky to lose one pound a month watching my calories alone.
    I currently have the energy to run 4 days a week and strength train 2-3 days.
    I discovered that cheese doesn't agree with me.
    I don't crave carbs or chocolate anymore (except when TOM comes)
    I have this unbelievable motivation to not eat what others are eating. I can cook foods for my family that are not stage one and not even cheat:happy:
    I'm surrounded by cupcakes, pizza, bread and I am not in distress. Woo hoo!

I may do two to three more weeks of stage one than start introducing carbs as instructed in stage two.

One major advancement in my health is that I eat a heck of a lot more vegetables!
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump for the morning
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumping,............. is this a low carb diet?
    Low carb with lots of veggies. It's a mathematic carb count and time lapse formula. The book explains it so much better than I can.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This sounds really interesting. I am going to have to look into it. I have Celiac Disease and have found that alot of processed gluten free foods do not agree with me, and neither does corn or bananas (strange I know).

Basically all I eat anymore is meat and veggies... so maybe I am already on it and don;t know! LOL
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So far so good:smile: I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I've done most weight loss programs with no success. I'm currently on week 7 of stage one. I've lost 7 - 10 lbs depending on water retention. This is a total morale booster because I'm lucky to lose one pound a month watching my calories alone.
    I currently have the energy to run 4 days a week and strength train 2-3 days.
    I discovered that cheese doesn't agree with me.
    I don't crave carbs or chocolate anymore (except when TOM comes)
    I have this unbelievable motivation to not eat what others are eating. I can cook foods for my family that are not stage one and not even cheat:happy:
    I'm surrounded by cupcakes, pizza, bread and I am not in distress. Woo hoo!

I may do two to three more weeks of stage one than start introducing carbs as instructed in stage two.

One major advancement in my health is that I eat a heck of a lot more vegetables!

I'm glad you said this about the energy because not only will I be starting this diet, I just signed up for a half-marathon training program. I read about "fueling forward" which I think I will do since it is SO HOT here and we'll be running outdoors.
  • htaylor12
    htaylor12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get married in a week and a half and I plan on starting the 8 week clense after the honeymoon as it isn't realistic for me to start prior to that. We should keep in touch and see how it goes. I tried it last week for 7 days and felt GREAT. I gave in for some dumb reason on the 7th day and had a few pieces of candy and on the 8th day I ate crap and I felt "hung over" the next morning. My eyes were puffy and my skin felt swollen. Can't wait to do the 8 weeks and see how it goes.
  • elosquirrel
    elosquirrel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! I just bought the book. I've been struggling - I'll lose a few lbs, and they'll be back within a few days. I run/bike 25 miles a week, and I stick to my diet, but it's hard when you don't see results! I've had my thyroid checked and everything came back normal - I do have all the symptoms of "metabolism b" in the book! We'll see how it goes!
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old (ish) but I just read the book on the plane to New York about 4 weeks ago. I came home and drank almost 80oz of water and ate good for two days. I felt amazing I was loving it. And then something happened at home and I ate junk.. And haven't gone back. I need to go back. So if any of you are still on it, I would love to hear how you are doing!

I know the first 3 days are going to be the toughest, but I need to do it. I have apparent food allergies, although I don't know what they are. Dairy just started bothering me. I sneeze and have sinus issues after eating anything with sugar or what seems like carbs, so I am assuming wheat or gluten... I don't know but in the situation I am living in at the moment, it's hard for me to go completely gluten free.

So please update me! Thanks!!!
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • lonestargyrl
    lonestargyrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought the book, but am interested. Are you still doing the MM diet? How is it going? How much weight have you lost?

Neva
  • fabulessmommy
    fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Atkins and i'm about to transition to this diet! I'm really excited and the book makes so much sense!
  • windyj2301
    Options
    On Super Bowl Sunday I cheated quite a bit during supper/the game and had a horrible "hang over" Monday. I started back up Monday and Tuesday and am feeling great again!

I have been on the plan for 3 weeks tomorrow and have lost (as of last night) 10.8 lbs.

The biggest thing I can say is DON'T starve yourself. I reduced my calories too far for a few days, felt awful and then realized what I was doing. If you go by: Body Weight x 10 - 500.

Mine is around 1730 and I try to get anywhere between 1500-1700 a day and do moderate workouts 5-6 days a week. (I burn between 100-300 calories a day working out.) I have a Wii Fit that I do "Free Step" on for 10-30 minutes a night, which is a huge calorie burner. You don't have to go super fast, just step up and step down. I love it.

I just started on the supplements today, so I can try to update everyone soon.

My overall goal is to be down to 150lbs, but I'd like to be down no less than 15 lbs by April 27th as my brother-in-law is getting married.

I have so much more energy and don't need to sleep as much. I don't feel the constant want/need to sit on the couch, eat chips and pasta and NOT do what I should be doing.

The first three-four days are hard, but I am a believer and I'm so happy I found these books!
  • SkylarKade
    Options
    *bump* I'm thinking this will be perfect for me. I downloaded the Kindle sample, and I've already been eating Paleo(ish), but this might be the boost I need.
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds on this diet!!
  • mustardseedmom
    Options
    My mother in law is in phase 3 of this and she really likes the results. She looks great! I had gestational diabetes and learned that I have prediabetes so I am about to start reading "The Diabetes Miracle." I am not overweight, but my blood sugar is apparently wacky. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!