Why Did You Get Fat?

Options

Replies

• holly2234
    Options
    Pregnancy followed by a job in a take out. Spend my wages on food or take the food they would have otherwise thrown out at the end of the night and save the money. Seemed like a no brainer at the time!
  • fatatackash
    Options
    i got fat because of me.. yes alot of factors made me emotional but in the end i chose to fill that gap with food instead of something healthy, maybe i wasnt in the right happy frame of mind to think clearly but to be honest i just didnt give a dam, food made me feel good, lately its a good and bad feeling, when i eat the taste is awesome, when i overdo it by the smallest bit it becomes hatred, i have made peace with the fact that forever i will have a love / hate relationship with food, for 8 years being single mommy it was my "parnter" my medicine when i was sick, my comfort when i was lonely, my stress reliever and also my anger management cure.
    so i will admit i love food, i have grown so much in the last 2 years, in losing 48kg and then after saying i will never go back, gaining 10kg back.. now my mind is in a differrent space, i have accepted and acknoledge i have an eating problem, now i have started actually listening to my body, when i am hungry i eat, when i am bored i either drink water or continue writing my book i want to publish next year.
  • Brussel_Sprout81
    Options
    I was always super active, ate healthy, and pretty much maintained a consistant weight since high school... Until I moved to a new country when I was 27. Then I gained weight because...

1) I didn't stay active. I took too long deciding on a gym to join and finding a yoga studio, which resulted in a year off from fitness.
    2) Belgium has amazing food, beer, and wine.
    3) I met the love of my life and was too happy to care about my weight gain.
    4) I discovered that I had developed hypothyroidism.
    5) A small weight gain for 5 kilos turned into 10 to 15 kilos.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Because I didn't care about anything and whenever life got too hard, I would eat to numb the pain.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I was an Egyptian Fisherman for years( I was in De Nile)

Diet was poor, and knowledge of food was poor.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i made me fat....i can't blame it on food, or ignorance or anything i KNEW i was eating too much and not burning the extra off...i just didn't care at the time....didn't care enough about myself to exercise....
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    Pregnancy coupled with an unbelievably intolerant and stressful work environment.
  • Missymel84
    Missymel84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Because I love food.
    Up until the start of this year I walked everywhere, 1 hour a day at least. But I ate so much food, and lots of the bad stuff. Pasta is my weakness, and savoury anything. I will have 2 bowls of dinner because it tastes good, but would have been full father half of the first one.
    I've almost doubled my body weight in the last 8 years.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Mine is simple : I ate too much. People were encouraging me to "eat for two" so I did.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Too much beer and eating out.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I got to college and stopped playing sports, traded real ones for video games. Of course there was the partying aspect too and the all you can eat cafeteria for at least 2 meals a day. After graduating I was hired at a job where I sit for 9 hours a day and sometimes work events at night. I just have never eaten properly as an adult and it made me go from a fit athlete to a fat desk worker!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I went from being a broke University student that had to walk everywhere... To having a well paying but sit on my *kitten* job... Combined with a new Bf, my own car and lots of eating out / getting take out, not to mention I now work day and night shifts sporadically. Fast forward 3 years and +40 lbs and you have me at my heaviest weight. I guess just being too comfortable and not self aware.

I've been maintaining the past month but this year my weight loss has been slow and steady :)
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Being given food as a child to be sexual abused
    Being content in a marriage
    Laziness
    Oversized portions
    Alcohol
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got a new job where I travelled a lot and ended up eating out in hotels/restaurants in the evening. When travelling I ate the junk that was available on the train, and would pick up croissants for breakfast instead of something healthy. It was a totally new way of working for me, and I didn't manage it as well as I should have done. It could have been worse, I could have had the cooked breakfast in the hotel, luckily I never fancy a full breakfast first thing!!
  • smithychar
    Options
    using the terrible excuse of im eating for 2 twice over. Also come from a non exercising family. i have lost 4 stone but need some toning x
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Because cookies are just too damn good man.
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I eat my feelings.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    because i stress ate when my hubby was in basic training, and i was raising a 2 and 3 year old alone..and obviously started when i got pregnant
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I got fat because as a child I was taught that food, and lots of it, was great for celebrations and for comfort. The better question is why did I stay fat once I became an adult and knew better.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I liked to be lazy and eat food while being lazy. :) Not any more!