• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    because i got lazy.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I like food....in my mouth.

I have the perfect solution. Don't swallow.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just love to eat. I eat when I'm mad, sad, happy, stressed...

It's a birthday...let's go out to eat!
    Stressfull job....let me grab this good ol snack!

Some grab a beer, I grabbed a plate. lol
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    My body didn't agree with this high calorie diet that I was on, you see.

All jokes aside though, I'm a bored/emotional eater, and so when I wasn't in class, I was snacking on something not-so-nutritionally wholesome.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I finally had the money to buy enough food, and the time to sit down and eat it all

Exactly. And I also have learned I was a bit of an emotional eater.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Boredom.
    Come home from school, watch tv, eat food as I was watching tv so I wouldn't pay attention and soon I'd have eat a whole bag of chips for example, without thinking about it. Developed a soda and sugary foods addiction. Meal portions were huge in our family anyway....
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    In my case it "crept" up on me over about 10 years. Slowly enough that I could ignore and pretend it wasn't that bad.
  • lhypes08
    Options
    I had 2 kids and I was eating out of boredom
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was always a strong guy that hid it very well. Food was comforting and I was not trying to please anyone but myself. I was also the smallest in my family, so seeing that made it not look so bad.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Love to eat, love to cook, comfortable in my marriage, love to feed my family, love to have a huge margarita when we go out to lunch or dinner ( which was about 3 days a week) and also love chardonnay, didn't do ANY form of exercise and didn't care to, loved to have a double Whopper with cheese and/or a Monster burger from Hardee's. I just loved to eat and have a few drinks and never thought about the calorie count in it!! That was then, those were the days LOL
  • lrlnss
    lrlnss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Going on birth control was the main cause; but also not dealing well with deployments during first two years of marriage.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    i love food and alcohol - i had no idea of moderation

Bout sums it up for me too Lmao

Yep, that's me too.
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have always had a love for food, but managed my weight pretty well. Then I got married was un employed for awhile and fell into a depression. The only thing that made me feel good was food. I would wake up at 3:00 in the morning to eat and ate fast food and other horrible junk all the time. Now I have a dependency on food and large portions that I am trying to shake. But it is tough..... but I am not giving up!!!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Love to eat, love to cook, comfortable in my marriage, love to feed my family, love to have a huge margarita when we go out to lunch or dinner ( which was about 3 days a week) and also love chardonnay, didn't do ANY form of exercise and didn't care to, loved to have a double Whopper with cheese and/or a Monster burger from Hardee's. I just loved to eat and have a few drinks and never thought about the calorie count in it!! That was then, those were the days LOL

Oh, this has Me written all over it
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I moved less and ate more
  • nana_pancakes
    nana_pancakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pf changs, cinnabon and emotional eating... at pf changs and cinnabon.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I have used food to avoid emotions before... but I usually could control it.

I just started developing binge eating... and it was more often than normal... (I mean normal could be 1-3 binges a year...which I never considered a big problem. I didn't notice much weight gain from them, either. ) But the binging became more often...started happening every week... Bleh.

Oh well ! I'm on track now, I'll be to my goal soon enough. I won't give up. I've been finding other coping mechanisms.
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored, and I like food. Portion control was not part of my childhood.
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me it was the death of both my parents, then the loss of both of my wife’s parents plus a brother (only a couple of years older than me and in far better shape) and a sister of hers. I got in to booze big time and crawled in to a hole and stayed there for a long time. The more I drank the more hungry I got so the more deliveries we got. My wife is one of the lucky ones who don’t put weight on so it didn’t hit her that I was getting so fat. That’s why I’m on here, I’m losing weight for me and the only person that can do this for me is me. Rant over, peace and love to all. :heart:
  • RheRhe1
    RheRhe1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never had a weight problem until I had kids.. My body changed and I noticed that I couldn't eat certain things anymore and not pay the consequences. I'm learning my body all over again.