What is your "ideal" weight?

Options

Replies

• itsy_32
    itsy_32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5FT 8 and my ideal weight would be 133lbs so around 9 and a half stone. Im currently 139lbs but still cant fit into any of my clothes from 2 years ago.. we shall see what happens when i get there .. i might go a few more lbs.

At the end of the day its not about the weight , its about loving myself again!
  • Jaxta65
    Jaxta65 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" as well, I want to be between 140 - 160 because that sounds healthy to me. Per the BMI chart it says I should be '120 - 140'', but I don' think that's right.

I'm 5'8" and 160 and I'm on here.... You may want to aim lower...

This!^
    Did I say something wrong? I don't know what ^ means. Sorry if I did, no offence intended :-(
    ^ just means they agree with the post right above in the quote.

That said, I disagree and think they're going for a great weight goal. Just because you're taller and want 160, doesn't mean because they're shorter they should go lower. What weight a person feels awesome at varies for everyone :)

I agree, but I went to the doctor for a health check and was told I am obese and putting my heart at risk, my goal weight is 140 pounds :-) everyone says I am not fat, but I walk around trying to hold myself in all the time...
  • Jaxta65
    Jaxta65 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" as well, I want to be between 140 - 160 because that sounds healthy to me. Per the BMI chart it says I should be '120 - 140'', but I don' think that's right.

I'm 5'8" and 160 and I'm on here.... You may want to aim lower...

This!^
    Did I say something wrong? I don't know what ^ means. Sorry if I did, no offence intended :-(
    ^ just means they agree with the post right above in the quote.

That said, I disagree and think they're going for a great weight goal. Just because you're taller and want 160, doesn't mean because they're shorter they should go lower. What weight a person feels awesome at varies for everyone :)
    I just realised, you think I want 160, no, I already am 160... Another 20 pounds to go...
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    5'2" and my pre-babies weight was 125. It was a healthy weight for me. I would love to be 125 again, but I'd honestly be happy between 125-140.
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't been near my "ideal" weight in years and years so I thought long and hard about what I wanted my goal weight to be. I'm 5'4" tall so my normal weight according to BMI is 107-145 lbs. I'm aiming for 145 which would be at the highest point of normal. When I was in my 20's I weighed 115-120 and I think I could get there. The thing is I doubt I could maintain it.
  • Kayluh_xo
    Options
    I'm 5'5-5'6 not sure which, but my ideal weight is between 120-135. No lower, no higher. :)
  • warsenic
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I would like to get back between 105-110 since that's the weight I was after high school. I'm pretty small framed and I'm overweight right now by about 20 pounds and you can tell completely.

I can't even fit my old clothes. :[
  • il_duce
    Options
    Im 5ft 6.5ins and I want to be 64-66kg (times it by 2.2 or whatever to work out what it is in pounds).

That was the weight I was before I joined the military 5 years ago
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5'' and currently 142. My original goal was 140 but seeing I still have a long way to go to get my ideal body I've changed it to 130. In reality I'd be fine with 135 if I could get rid of this belly and lower my overall body fat.
  • daisymomx3
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and going for 140 because that's where I was when I got married.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-5.5", female, and medium frame so the "experts" say I should weigh 130-144 lbs.

I'm going for 142 - it's on the upper end of that range & I think it is realistic for me.
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good question and one I struggle with. I'm 5'2". If I got back to my high school/pre-childbearing weight, I'd be 105. But I was told at that time I was underweight. But I'm aiming for 120, hoping to go lower. We'll see though.
  • LadonnaFunk
    LadonnaFunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", larger frame, large boobs. I would love to be 150, but I might end up settling for 155. I'm feeling pretty good at my current weight actually, which is 158.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 114 which I think is a very good weight for me (most of my adult life I weighed much less than that- got a really small frame), but I would like if it if the composition was different, which is something I'm working on now.
  • Fittabulous
    Fittabulous Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weight isn't a good measurement really, its best to go off size - so for me I'd like to be a size 4 or 27, depending on the jean brand and be tight and toned. Muscle weighs more than fat, so its hard to go by weight, but i'd say that would be about 135 for me, at 5'5. Started at a size 12/32 and 160lbs in May 2012, and am down to 141 and a size 6. Still working on the progress, and getting so close!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6" Large framed (Broad shoulders, and wide hips), and would like to be between 160 and 165. Currently at 189.5
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Ideally my happy number would be 130-132. I WAS that size, but at least 4 months of off and on binges, sloppy eating spurts, and some drinking have not helped. Time to re-lose the weight I had already lost. 8-10lbs worth. AGAIN!

I know the scale shouldn't be the be all, end all. And it's truly not a huge indicator of health but I felt good at my number. It made me happy. I have more to go, tighten and tone. My journey definitely took a steer towards health when I was seeing good results. It's still about health in the long run. I want to stop the binges, I was to stop the loss of control feelings, eating for reasons I do not know why I am eating, wasting calories on some drinks because that never feels good, and the constant beating myself up lately, day in and day out really feeling bad about me, etc.

I will get there ... again. I think once I see my number again it will be a huge motivation to truly make the change to stay with it. I have to realize goal weight or maintain, you can't let it make you careless with choices, that as much as it sucks and feels daunting, this has to be a lifestyle thing, a lifelong thing. I will only make it if I choose to. I really want to make it.

Luckily I didn't slack off on exercise at all or I would definitely be in a worse spot right now! :embarassed:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a goal of somewhere around 150 (size 10ish.) I was 150 when I met my hubby and felt great then. I started here at 219 and a size 18.
  • warsenic
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight.

I would just like to be under BMI of 25 and be able to fit all the nice clothes I bought last year.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    5'5" My goal is 126 pounds (9stone) basically came up with that weight as that's when I felt I looked my best (I was 19/20 YO last time I saw that weight) I did get down to 8 stone 4pounds (116 pounds) when I was 18 years old but looked underweight even though it could be argued that I was still a healthy BMI it just didn't suit my frame although I have seen girls on here with more petite frames that suit this size. I spent most of my late teens early 20's at 9 and a half stone though (133 pounds) which I would be quite happy with too, but I'm getting married so I'm going for the uber jackpot goal of 9 stone for the sake of nice slim piccies to look back on. :)