Looking for your best salmon recipes

Options
124»

Replies

• leisuregranny
    leisuregranny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just cooked some salmon for lunch. I season with lemon pepper and a little dill weed, then pan sear in a cast iron skillet with just little olive or coconut oil until crispy on the edges. Then I flip them over and sear the other side. We cook all our fish this way. So much better than frying, and healthier too. We'll change up the seasoning, depending on the type of fish we have. We pan sear zuchinni and squash this way too.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Craving salmon now. Thanks for the wonderful ideas everyone.
  • TRUDIVA88
    TRUDIVA88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pamsad
    pamsad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That sounds real good!
  • pamsad
    Options
    Had salmon yesterday With a can of no sugar added pineapple and drizzled with teriyaki sauce

This sounds really good and different must try it tonight!
  • pamsad
    Options
    My absolute favorite salmon dish is Caribbean coconut crusted salmon (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Fruit/recipe.html?dishid=6823) with pineapple salsa (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/caribbean-salsa/recipe.html?dishid=6825). It is so delicious!

This sounds great too since I like coconut and I am getting tired of having the same 'ol salmon...

tonight i am having stuffed salmon with crabmeat and shrimp from Sam's club! YUM!
  • kathyduffney
    Options
    Bump
  • suneelmadan
    Options
    Eliminate margarine completely, butter or regular olive oil to do the baking and then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil once out of the oven.

Try this recipe:
    Bake salmon with saffron lemon and dill butter sauce over some pan fried thick sliced tomatoes.
    Bake the fish and the sauce "En Papillote" Pronounced un-papi- oat . A french method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded pouch or parcel and then baked.
    Recipe for the compound butter:
    1/2 tbs butter.
    1/2 tbs pure olive oil (not extra virgin --- never high heat extra virgin olive oil, destroys the nutrients)
    1 tsp of dried dill or 1 tbs of chopped fresh dill
    1/4 tsp of Saffron
    3 tbs of milk to soak saffron
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Let butter soften at room temperature
    Heat 3 tbs milk and soak saffron strands for about 20 mts
    Add dill to saffron milk and let soak for another 10 minutes
    Add to butter and then coat fish let fish marinate for about 20 minutes in the fridge
    Meanwhile pre heat oven to 375 F
    put fish in wax paper pocket -- look up internet how to make pocket (En Papillote)
    Pan fry thick slices of tomatoes and set aside
    Bake fish for approx 12 - 17 minutes
    Unseal pocket at the table and enjoy with reserved compound butter(if extra made)