Monday Water Marathon

Options
I know I don't drink enough water, so since it's Monday and a whole new week I figured why not make it kind of a challenge. I am at work and will be for another 5 hours and want to see how much water I can consume in that time frame to get the week started off on a positive flowing water figure.

So let's post hourly and see who we can inspire to drink a little more H2O today!

I have had 16 oz so far today, how much have you had?

Replies

• AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a few hours ahead of you here in the UK (it's 4.30pm my time) but I reckon I've downed about 60 oz so far today :-)
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I've been at work for 4.5 hours and I've downed 40 oz. Will have another 16 oz down after lunch. Keep it up!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I had 24 at the gym this morning and have had 16 since I got home, plus I drank 36 oz. of coffee. Pardon me while I run to the bathroom!:blushing:
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've had 32 oz so far today.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th 16.9 bottle this morning!!! Keep going!!!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Holy cow I am behind everyone, ok back to the cooler.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Ok an hour later and I got in two more glasses, 32 oz so far.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've been up for around 4.5 hours and I have had 85 oz of fluids (mostly flavored waters). I'll have another 34 or so at lunch and another 24 before dinner. I bet I drink over 180oz of no calorie fluids a day now (tea, propel zero, with only one or two diet sodas a day). I think that has been a big part of helping me drop 21 pounds in 2 months and also offset my higher sodium diet (convenience sure adds the salt).

Maybe it's just all the extra trips to the bathrooom on the other side of the floor. Can I up my activity level a bit from my desk job because of it? lol, j/k
  • lovefitnessforme85
    Options
    I have consumed 50.7 oz. thus far! I need to catch up!!!:happy:
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I had 24 at the gym this morning and have had 16 since I got home, plus I drank 36 oz. of coffee. Pardon me while I run to the bathroom!:blushing:

LOL...
  • LindaVas
    Options
    48 oz ...
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, what a great idea!

Um, I have had 2 bottles full....looks like my bottle holds 20..so I'm at 40oz.

I didn't count the 8oz I use in my protein shake, or the 4oz I add to coffee (when I have some)
    ....I'm only counting actual water.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for plenty restroom breaks :D
  • tadpole4192
    tadpole4192 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I come up short in this area. It seems I drink more when I am at work and the bottle is staring at me on my desk. At home, out of sight out of mind. Many know this already but a good rule of thumb is: divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces. Jug-a-lug :o)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I managed to get in 4 cups this hour, 64 oz thus far.
  • LindaVas
    Options
    I'm working on my 4th 16.9 oz bottle.

Drink up everyone! :drinker:
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    64 ounces and I have 4 more work hours so I'll add another 32 oz to that = 96 ounces
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I have had 48ozs. not including 16ozs. of hot green tea, and its not even been a half of day for me. I still have tis afternoon when I go to the gym and workout for 2hours. will post again.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • yodeano
    Options
    bump i am definetly behind, but love this challenge!!! :) this is the type of fun motivation I am looking for. Great topic. :)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I come up short in this area. It seems I drink more when I am at work and the bottle is staring at me on my desk. At home, out of sight out of mind. Many know this already but a good rule of thumb is: divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces. Jug-a-lug :o)

First, I cant afford to buy that much water (either bottled or tap).

Second, my job does require that occasionally I not be in the bathroom.

Third, man I can barely get 8 (64 oz) in a day and that method would put me at like 23 (184 oz).

Lastly, According to the Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283) :
    The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

I am not saying that more isn't better, but as someone who care barley hit the recommended intake, I can't see myself ever drinking 23 8 oz cups of water in a day.