Monday Water Marathon

Options

Replies

• AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a few hours ahead of you here in the UK (it's 4.30pm my time) but I reckon I've downed about 60 oz so far today :-)

Clocked up another 48oz, so that's 108 oz of plain water for me today. You've done fantastically well today John, well done!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    640z.so far
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    good Job for the ones still in it :-)

I got another 16 oz in, Total of 144 Oz of straight water, really 2 glasses an hour (16 oz) is not as impossible as I thought this morning. I even posted:

"Third, man I can barely get 8 (64 oz) in a day and that method would put me at like 23 (184 oz)."

Now I think I will actually hit that number today, I stand corrected. One of the few times I can recall when I am glad that I was wrong.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im at 169oz and I just poured a large glass of ice tea to finish off my night!!! Good job today everyone!!!
  • wdtruax1979
    Options
    16 oz. of water so far with 16 oz. of coffee (black). Can I count that as water?
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    It's 7pm here...and I've had 96 oz so far; I might get in 16 more
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

First, I cant afford to buy that much water (either bottled or tap).

[/quote]

I have Brita Pitcher that sits in my fridge. Easy and really cheap to refill plu $7 bimonthly to replace the filter. I drink 112+oz a day so this is a great thing for me. Should look into it.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm going on 72oz. now.
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just opened my 9th 16.9 oz bottle!

GREAT work everyone!! :drinker:
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I have Brita Pitcher that sits in my fridge. Easy and really cheap to refill plu $7 bimonthly to replace the filter. I drink 112+oz a day so this is a great thing for me. Should look into it.

Thanks, I will.

Got 16 more in totaling 160 oz, getting hard to drink at this point think I am going to finish the 16 I am on now and finish up the day with 176 oz. I would have bet I could not drink that much water.

Way to go everyone! Keep up the great work.
  • breasonable
    Options
    When I use to do weight watchers they counted coffee as water!

16 oz. of water so far with 16 oz. of coffee (black). Can I count that as water?
  • breasonable
    Options
    Alright John Tuesdays Challenge!!! Get your water on!!!!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    An hour and 13 minuets, 2.5-23.7fl oz water bottles.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I come up short in this area. It seems I drink more when I am at work and the bottle is staring at me on my desk. At home, out of sight out of mind. Many know this already but a good rule of thumb is: divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces. Jug-a-lug :o)

First, I cant afford to buy that much water (either bottled or tap).

Second, my job does require that occasionally I not be in the bathroom.

Third, man I can barely get 8 (64 oz) in a day and that method would put me at like 23 (184 oz).

Lastly, According to the Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283) :
    The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

I am not saying that more isn't better, but as someone who care barley hit the recommended intake, I can't see myself ever drinking 23 8 oz cups of water in a day.

if i divide my body weight in half thats 95 oz of water...no way would i be able to drink that much. I do drink 72 oz of water every day though....which is 9 cups, so according to the Mayo Clinic i am getting the adequate intake so i am VERY happy with that, i dont count the water in my coffee or any other drinks i may have such as juice towards my water intake either, i do have 1 cup of coffee every day as well, some days, 2-4 cups on top of my 72 oz of water. i already drink 3.5 gallons a week. i think thats plenty for me.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Alright John Tuesdays Challenge!!! Get your water on!!!!!

Oh my, I am way behind already, lol. I have just finished my 2nd glass, so 16 oz starting off.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have consumed 50.7 oz. thus far! I need to catch up!!!:happy:

same but its only 4pm >:)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Two more glasses down, total of 32 oz...I think i am still floating from yesterday it just is not wanting to go down today.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Two more glasses down, total of 32 oz...I think i am still floating from yesterday it just is not wanting to go down today.

24 oz for me so far but i always make sure i drink no less then 72 oz a day.
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I use to do weight watchers they counted coffee as water!

While moderate intake of caffeine is actually good for you, it is a diuretic, so for every 8oz of caffeinated beverage including coffee and tea - you should have 16oz of water to counter the diuretic effect if you are trying to increase your hydration levels.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm at 40oz for today.
    not including the 8 in my coffee or the 8 in my shake.
    Solid at 40.
    Need to do 20 more by 5pm.