Sober October

Options

Replies

• CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay, you're all in! I'm in the process of adding you all, so we can stick together through the month.

If you haven't posted your beginning weight, and want to be included in the spreadsheet, please do so! It's also ok to message me with it privately, if that's more comfortable.
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I had enough "fun" last weekend and have been wanting to cut out alcohol and see how my weight changes.
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    I'm in!!! There's even a charity called sober october in australia. I've joined up and have even raised some money. Now to hide my champagne!!!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's funny - I just posted my goal for October and that was to stay alcohol free. Other than that it's just coffee, tea, water and G2 for me :)

Of course I just remembered my 10k at the end of October is sponsored by Blue Moon. I think after the 10k, I can drink what I burned. Sorry, that has to be my one exception!!
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am up for this.. I have not had alcohol for 29 days!! Would love to make it an even 60 :-).

I will tackle my diet pop addiction in November

Weight as of oct 1 --- 191.4
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Perfect! I would love to do this!

My weight as of this morning is a very solid 188. I'll need all the support I can get. I :heart: beer.
  • reden324
    Options
    I'm in! I started my no booze month on Sept 16th so I'll be done before the end of this month, but maybe I'll continue for the rest of the month! I have those stubborn final 10lbs left to loose so hopefully cutting out drinks will help make that scale go down
  • Lizperry4
    Options
    Yes please and thanks. I'd like to give up alcohol this month. I've been drinking too much wine for a few months now and have a half marathon to run on the 7 and trip to India14-28 so this should be a good month fir me to get off the and try to crack the habit. I weigh 144 lbs today. I'll still take a very little coffeemate in my coffee in the morning as I enjoy it and I find tat looking forward to and enjoying your food is a good diet motivator.
    I've only just joined this site.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    October 1 - 141 lbs.
    October 8
    October 15
    October 22
    October 29
    Final weigh in
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Weigh-in log:

Week 1 - October 1: 172
    Week 2 - October 8:
    Week 3 - October 15:
    Week 4 - October 22:
    FINAL WEIGH-IN - October 31:
  • Fuchmylife
    Fuchmylife Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck all. I can't join. Id only be lying to myself I cant go a day without it.
  • jessbb23
    jessbb23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I gained back 10 lbs in the last 2 months. Most likely from all the wine and snack foods during the summer. The only liquid calories I will be drinking is the few I get from Crystal Light. I weigh in on Saturdays so my dates will also be a little off.
    Sept 29th weight - 169
  • Healthy_gms
    Healthy_gms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds terrific to me! The exception may be a graduation celebratory beverage (bad not only due to liqour, but the diet soda's aspt--my known vice is the Diet Coke), but I am in and will pass this along to friends!! Pure H2O is our great friend!! =0)

~Gretchen Schmitt~
    Wilmington, NC
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge!

Weigh-in log:

Week 1 - October 1: 167.0
    Week 2 - October 8:
    Week 3 - October 15:
    Week 4 - October 22:
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I drink a lot of beer. NOT NO' MO'

Week 1 - October 1: 166
    Week 2 - October 8:
    Week 3 - October 15:
    Week 4 - October 22:
  • ericjustin1977
    ericjustin1977 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Beer gets me every time!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    <--Irish.... Not goona happen!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I had decided to do this before I saw this thread. The alcohol was really hindering my weight loss.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Do I sound really boring, every month is sober, don't drink alcohol at all, did drink lots of diet cola etc but have even managed to give that up since joining MFP. I even gave up chocolate, darn, pick something I can give up so I can join in???
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good luck all. I can't join. Id only be lying to myself I cant go a day without it.
    Grrrrr yes you can! Prepare for your punishment!!!!