What is a good protein shake for Women?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like herbalife also and it is for both men and women alike. Please be sure to purchase from a certified distributor.

There are lots of Flavors: Vanilla, chocolate, pina colada, wilberry, cookies and cream, orange cream, cafe latte.

Take two scoops add 8 ounces of cold water or milk (with or without ice but still stick to 8 ounces total). Add 2 scoops of herbalife Protein and run on your blender thoroughly. The longer you run the blender, the thicker the shake.

What I like the best is that you can mix and match and come up with your own creation; stay with two scoops total. Take one shake a day to maintain weight, two shakes a day to lose weight.

Please, please keep this in mind. A meal replacement is just that, do not have a meal replacement shake for breakfast (or any meal) and still eat your regular meal; this will cause weight gain. The concept is straight forward, trade your regular meal for a nutritious shake.

I have lost 55 pounds since last October, coming down from 235 and currently at 180. My long term goal is to bet between 160-170 and it is really getting tough so I mix things up a bit.

I now eat about 5 times a day.
    Breakfast: herbalife shake, herbalife tea, herbalife aloe vera drink
    Mid-morning snack: mixed fruit, or yogurt, or yogurt parfait. Get creative but make wise choices.
    Lunch: Again, get creative. Lean protein (beed,chicken, fish) steamed vegetables. Some days a small soup and follow with mixed fruit.
    Mid-afternoon snack: mixed fruit, or yogurt, or yogurt parfait. Get creative but make wise choices. Energy bar.
    Dinner: herbalife shake, herbalife tea, herbalife aloe vera drink

Some days I have only one shake, most days two hakes. Using MFP I am able to track my foods and if I know I will be out with friends/family for dinner then my choice is to go with herbalife for breakfast and lunch. I track my exercise and I am also on fitbit.com.

Add some basic exercise like walking, take a cardio class if you are in gym but remember to go at your own pace. You know your body best and therefore you know your limit. Drink your 8 glasses of water throughout the day, not in one gulp. Ditch, all sodas, juices (unless you squeezed it out of fruit yourself!), limit bread, pastas, etc.

Last but not least; please get some shuteye. Try to get 7-9 hours a night throughout the week. I know it is tough but you have to make an effort to get some quality sleep.

Best of luck,
    Ed from NYC.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ViSalus is my shake of choice... It tastes amazing, i often find that i crave my shakes more then i do junk food LOL I have been using it to maintain my weight but know many many ladies and men who have had amazing weight loss results with ViSalus :) I have also tried many other shakes and so far ViSalus wins for taste and it is so good for you!
  • boombaby1717
    Options
    d
  • Summerztyme
    Summerztyme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use this one too. I also started putting a little in my shakes in the mornings at wk. I had a friend that just did the 2 shakes and one meal a day and loss over 60lbs. Thus stuff is great. Try the vanilla bean one too if you get a chance.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Whey isolate protein powder is a good protein shake for humans.

It does not matter whether you're male or female because your body uses protein in the same way and is adapted to eat the same kinds of foods.

If you're allergic to whey, then you can get other protein isolates instead, such as egg or even pea protein (for vegans).
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    any....cals in cals out :) a good shake in my opinion is one that tastes good and fits into your diet to enjoy. so dont go wasting alot of money on the top brands unless youre a weight lifter or compete.( where you might need that extra high protein in there) I use the myprotein impact whey. greatvalue vgood quality for the money, tons of great flavors . thats just my take on it. (wouldnt bother with the isolate stuff as i said youre probably not competing. )
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Whey isolate protein powder is a good protein shake for humans.

It does not matter whether you're male or female because your body uses protein in the same way and is adapted to eat the same kinds of foods.

If you're allergic to whey, then you can get other protein isolates instead, such as egg or even pea protein (for vegans).

I tried making pancakes with pea protein once, it was not good for this woman.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of protein powder in to a blender with banana and milk.

Then I drink it out of a pink glass.