Hi, im Sue and I am Super Obese - i am scared of dieting.

Options
124»

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Please take no notice of the comments about "messy pants" - just modify your diet and Orlistat will be a friendly policeman. It is only if you break its laws that it won't be lenient - it will let you off with a caution though.
    It is just a tool - I hope it works for you better than it did for me. What has worked for me is keeping a food diary and telling "My Confessor" what I have eaten everyday.

I tend not to tell it about ALL the exercise I do because it then wants me to eat way too much and moans at me.

Good luck.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sue,

I am Tara and welcome to this site. I have never been obese nor have I had issues with being "fat". What I have experience is weight gain after pregnancy and some belly fat. I can't say, I know what you are going through because thankfully I have never been in a place where, I allowed food to control my life. What I CAN tell you is, once you decide enough is enough-- your life will change. Now I am not talking about, just saying I need to lose weight and thats that. I mean, totally accepting the fact, that your healthy will get worse and you face the possibility of dying. I mean, accepting the fact, that your children and grandchildren will lose their mother-- and your grandchildren will never know how wonderful you are, if YOU do not make the effort to do something about your weight and health. Can you imagine what their lives would be like without you? Who in this world is going to love and care for them, the way you do? With that said, your journey begins with acceptance of the reality. After that, the rest will become so easy for you.

Weight gain did not happen over night, so do not expect a quick fix. This journey requires a slow steady consistent pace. Start off slow and challenge yourself to work upwords from there. There is no need to hide or be fearful anymore. Beneath the surface, is a STRONG health woman. UNLEASH HER!!! Fat doesn't give you power. YOU had the power all along. You have the will to change your life around. DO IT! and DO IT NOW!!!!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You are taking the first step in joining us on MFP.
    I have tons to lose as well and I, first the first time ever, am convinced that I can do this, lose the weight and be healthy. Stick with us and we will all do it together.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I can use the support and will provide MUCHO support too!

Cheers.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue my name is Zach.

I have lost 80 lbs. The only thing that I can tell you is you have to be ready to change your life.

There is no temporary diet, and then going back to eating how you did.

You must make the lifestyle change that says you are ready to eat healthy. (Moderation is

what I consider healthy, not "whole foods")

Once you make that decision, track your calories (using this site) and everything becomes 100% easier.

If you don't make that decision, you will always fall back to your old ways.

As far as losing what you have, time and consistency. That is what it takes.

Don't get impatient, just know you are starting a long journey.

Good luck, I hope you achieve your goals.

this
  • jodes032
    jodes032 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi sue!

your story really touched me. In January, I was 46, fat, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high everything. my husband was about to turn 50, and said to me "ya know, I've already lived longer than I probably will from this day forward."

man, that hit me like a ton of bricks. both of us overweight, two boys to raise, one 14 yr old biological son, one 10 year old adopted son, and just in overall crappy shape. I had a hip replaced two years ago, so had almost become immobile from the pain. although I've been overweight all my life, I had gotten way, way out of control for a 5'4 woman.

I'm not sure what inside of me snapped. I was ready to do it. as many others have said, once you decide, there is no stopping you. and I believe it! you have to be really, really ready, and it sounds like you are.

I don't refer to my life as dieting. once i say that out-loud, all I want to do is eat. In the beginning, I ate whatever I wanted, as long as I tracked it, and didn't exceed my daily intake. I've now learned to eat better foods, so I can eat more often :)

don't forget to drink, drink, drink water.

good luck! add me if you wish, I'm always looking for support!
  • pen13guins
    Options
    Hi sue!
    Nice to meet you. You have made the first step, from here take baby steps. Sounds to me like you had a panic attack when going to take the meds. Panic attacks can be very debilitating. Try again, and just remember to brethe deeply. You can do this!

We are here to help. Please add me as a friend, I could use some friends too.
  • Rozh1970
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I have only been on this site for two days now, but I have found that everyone I have spoken to is extremely helpful, friendly and ready to listen, so you have come to the right place for support. I am going to raise you an obese and say that a lot of what you said in your post I can relate to. But you made one of the hard decisions by deciding to do something about it, to make a change :smile: