300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• erikapereira
    Options
    great story. keep it up!
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Great job!

And thank you for sharing. I'm trying to run, struggling cardiovascularly, and was ready to quit tonight until I lost another 50 lbs. This might be enough encouragement to get me back out there on Wednesday.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero! I am so inspired! I've been working out and just recently started c25k, in hopes of doing a Color Run! XOXOX! You are awesome!
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, be PROUD of yourself!!!!!!! Amazing accomplishment!

I also started running this year and ran my 2nd 5k yesterday as well. (NYC, Tunnel to Towers).
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You ARE a superhero for getting out there and doing that! I salute both your courage and your conviction! :bigsmile:

I ran/jogged/crawled my first 5K back in July - See Chicks Run - in Philadelphia, PA and it was a moving experience for me.
    Not only was it my very first run ever, but I have issues with chronic pain and asthma as a hinderance and I am paranoid in crowds.

Still, when I crossed that finish line - the tears were ones of joy mixed with pain. I like to think of myself as a completer, not a competitor. I'm not in it to get the best time, I'm in it to prove that I CAN do it. Since then I've done The Color Run, the Ocean City Police Chase and the Merrell National Down and Dirty Mud Run and Obstacle Course 10K and hopefully I will do more in the future when I can get my lungs to cooperate. :bigsmile:

So take pride in your accomplishment and keep going!
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are so amazing! I hope to be more like you someday!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I get so excited seeing people that find themselves through running as it has been just that and more for myself! Keep going and who knows...someday you could be finishing your first MARATHON :-)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What an awesome epiphany for you and an even more awesome inspiration you are! You CAN do this and your worth the time and trouble! Very happy for you !
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you and amazing and inspiring person.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    wow very inspiering theres hope for me yet

You_are_my_hero_by_HaloOnASidewalk_large.jpg
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    YOU are MY HERO!!!!
    You have just got me to try running..... I kept saying when I get closer to my goal weight.....tonight I did day 1 week 1 of the c25k
    THANK YOU

Jennifer
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You *ARE* a superhero! And you're my hero! You rock, GF!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Amazing...I am walking my first 5K this weekend...I am hoping for a time of 45 min, my fastest so far is 46.5 min...I do jog some (a very small some) but you are an inspiration!
  • gettingfabuless
    gettingfabuless Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! You look fantastic. I am running a 5k this coming Saturday and I am feeling so proud of myself for getting out there!
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ran my 1st 5k 9/29 and loved the feeling of crossing the finishline. You are my inspiration, when I train I will think about you.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You rock! I haven't even run my first one yet, but I am so close...got the 30 minute runs down, just gotta sign up!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That's because you are a superhero...My superhero! Keep inspiring and dazzling us with your deeds, Supergirl!
  • uncarvedblock
    uncarvedblock Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Really inspiring, I want to start running but don't feel confident enouh yet around the 300lb mark, but I think you may have just pushed me a bit :)
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!