300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • cookmn
    cookmn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • trayc77
    Options
    Congrats! Pretty darn inspiring!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero!
  • SALLAIN88
    SALLAIN88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! I just did my first 5K this past Sunday!! I started at 257 pounds in April and am down 22 pounds and started training for this race - My goal was 45 minutes or less, I did 44 mins and 20 sec - the biggest problem being that the first 2 miles were mostly uphill which I am not at all used. Treadmill is easier than outside!! I finished 383 out of 610 and am happy that I challenged myself and finished!! Please friend me - we can support each other!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. GREAT job! :smile:
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! I woke up really discouraged this morning, but your post has made my day. Congratulations on your accomplishments, and keep them up! :flowerforyou:
  • bermudamel
    Options
    Congrats! I plan on running my 1st 5k next spring and you're very inspiring! I hope you are proud of yourself, we all are!!! :-)
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I wanted to do the Glow Run but it was the same day as the Color Rad 5k I did last month. I'm doing "Wine at the Line" 5k this Saturday (will be my 2nd 5k) and have a 3rd the last Friday of October. Never thought I'd love running, but it definitely gets in your blood.
  • krenlw
    krenlw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! It is an amazing feeling to accomplish something, I am right along with you. Keep up the good work, girl!
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm so inspired!! Great job and congrats!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    *hugs* way to go!! You are doing fantastic!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    good for you! absolutely amazing.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    THANKS FOR PROVING THEM WRONG. IT REALLY SHOWS ALL IS POSSIBLE
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all the incredible comments I've received from all of you. My running post has brought me some wonderful, truly inspiring friends . You guys kill me with your thoughtful, heartfelt comments and messages. I don't want to let anyone down. I think of all of you and all your stories every time I hit the road or the treadmill or lace up my shoes. I don't even feel like I'm running alone anymore.

I think I've said this a million times but if you haven't started running and think some day you'll be ready, let me tell you what. That some day is right now. And there's no such thing as "just jogging." No matter your speed, you're a runner and be proud of every gasping, stumbling, flying, wheezing, sprinting, dying, jogging, running minute you put into your running shoes.

No matter how slow you are right now, you're faster than you were when you were thinking, "someday I'll start."
  • Kyfrog
    Kyfrog Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Totally inspiring!! Congrats on your awesome accomplishment!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    oh wow! You have just motivated me!!! I have major back and hip trouble and find it hard to walk even...Now I am going to start walking and push myself even when I am in so much pain...thank you! and GREAT JOB!!!!
  • retrosandy1
    Options
    yay !! I am so proud of you ! keep on !!
    xox best wishes !!
    sandy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!