I HAVE 5 WEEKS TO SHRINK MY THUNDER THIGHS!

Options
2»

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reducing. You can work that area out all you want but that doesn't mean it will shave inches off. Calorie deficit, working out doing cardio and weights, and drink lots of water.

Exactly!!!! You can't pick where the fat comes from. However, that is over a mth so you will see changes in your weight and maybe a few inches off. Have fun on your trip!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nothing left to say but work hard and good luck! You'll be rewarded in the end :)
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My thighs have lost almost an inch in the last month from the elliptical/crosstrainer. I set it really high and steep and go for a difficult hike.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats and cardio. Cut back on calories especially any foods with fat.

Dietary fat doesn't make you fat. If you are trying to cut size fast you could avoid carbs.....you'll lose all water weight....but it's still weight..
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    if you go to a gym and they have a cross ramp (similiar to an elliptical) use that!
    I've used it a couple of times and it's amazing!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Definitely the squats and cardio. In addition to 70+ logged miles of walking/running, I just did a month long squat challenge (3,000 squats total for the month of September) and I lost more than an inch off of my thighs...

Start today and don't stop. :drinker:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Dietary fat doesn't make you fat. If you are trying to cut size fast you could avoid carbs.....you'll lose all water weight....but it's still weight..

^
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Suggest different outlook:

You have the rest of your life to get and STAY fit.

Brilliant.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Ack! Fat doesn't make you fat!!

seriously!
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    if you are gonna do squats keep the weight light 20-30 reps.. do the elliptical trainer on a high level , you will need to feel the burn.. stay away from sugars and salts , have protien and oils in your diet as well..
  • BoBoDoesPaleo
    Options

Ack! Fat doesn't make you fat!!

THIS!
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you take an exercise ball between your knees and squeeze, do as many reps as you can and try to up them. it really helps with inner thighs! Ive also noticed huge improvement with Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Try a high protein (fish, chicken, eggs) low carb diet for the next 5 weeks! It curbs your appetite and you can drop weight pretty quick.
    Yep and I second the lunges/squats...of all kinds!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit
  • svanzinha
    svanzinha Posts: 23 Member
    Options

best answer yet.

I absolutely agree. It's about the lifestyle!
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    you can pull my car to work for 5 weeks and i can garantee you those 5 inches and a few lbs of fat lost
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Very, very true. I hope you reach your goal for your cruise, but I also hope your stay motivated to keep working at health and fitness.

Enjoy your cruise! We just booked our first every cruise for my husband's 40th birthday next spring. I have 7 months to keep working towards my goals, but better yet, that will mean I've stuck to my lifestyle changes for 14 months (when we leave for the cruise) and to me THAT is very, very exciting.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    bike bike bike bike bike...that's that only thing that ever started slimming my thighs...