Have you ever found money?

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I found a neat little pile 20s (over $100, maybe $200?) a couple years ago outside the laundromat. I just stood there floored for a minute thinking about what I should do and this gentleman walked up frantically looking around. I asked if he lost some money and he said yes. I asked how much and he was spot on so I handed it over. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd hope someone would do the same for me.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    found around $200 in a money clip in the homedepot parking lot... dropped it off at the local police station... they were surprised that anyone would do such a thing... but I figure karma will bit me in the *kitten* if I kept it... might have been someones rent money or something... never heard back from the police... so either the owner came in... or they had a little party on my behalf...
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I haven't found money but once or twice a year if we are in a restaurant for dinner we will buy the dinner for a family nearby if they have a really nice way with their kids or if the kids have been really well behaved. We just ask the waitress to add it to out bill and instead of their bill they get the following note....

''This is a gift from some fellow parents who just want to say that we think you are doing a great job with your children.

Strangers did this for us once and we have never forgotten it.

Pass it on''

Perhaps one day Karma will catch up and I will find a winning lotto ticket on the bus!!

That's really awesome!
  • mariekphillips21
    Options
    My son found 5 dollars on the ground at the bank one day in the grass, he was super happy! Now he's always looking at the ground picking up pennies, dimes whatever money he finds. Maybe he will save up for a metal detector!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS.....
    I haven't found money but once or twice a year if we are in a restaurant for dinner we will buy the dinner for a family nearby if they have a really nice way with their kids or if the kids have been really well behaved. We just ask the waitress to add it to out bill and instead of their bill they get the following note....

''This is a gift from some fellow parents who just want to say that we think you are doing a great job with your children.

Strangers did this for us once and we have never forgotten it.

Pass it on''

Perhaps one day Karma will catch up and I will find a winning lotto ticket on the bus!!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I found $1000 doing laundry inside washing machine. No one ever claimed it so..:drinker:
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I found 1500.00, 20.00, and 40.00 dollars. Since it was my own money I feel very fortunate I found where I stashed it. I had totally forgotten about it...each time. Lol!
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The most I found was 10 $20's in a bush outside my house. All the money I ever find I donate it to church. Karma. It must work because I seem to find at least 20 bucks at least once a month.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My husband works grounds maintenance at a local college. He finds money on the ground all the time. Silly college kids :)
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Found a beat up old Quarter last week on a 20 mile run.

Earned about 1.25 cent per mile. Thanks for the Bonus!

If you had seen the Sunrise Priceless.... Oh and the birds were back from Summer vacation...

QUOTE: "Bird on the horizon sitting on the fence
    He's singing his song for me at his own expense."
    Bob Dylan

Didn't need the beat up old quarter..............
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I find money all the time, sadly it's my own money hat I've dropped or stashed somewhere. Last time I took the couch cushions off I found $45, lol.

My husband found 12 grand in a bathroom stall at the border crossing once, but reported it, (after taking the time to count it, haha). Someone was obviously trying to ditch it before the border guards found it, they just left it on the toilet seat.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    £5 and £10 here and there...asked around, no one claimed it, so finders' keepers :)

My mum found £310 on the street on her way to work a little while ago. We got £100 each lol
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    My brother and I found $80 once in a parking lot. We went and bought a couple of video games and kept the rest. Haha.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I found a $100 bill on the ground of the parking lot outside the movie theater. My friend and I split the money and went shopping in the outlets nearby. It was great!
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    a while ago, i was with a bunch of my friends at some bar. I found a 20 on the ground. kept it. several years later, my friend mentions the time we were at the bar and he lost 20 bucks. It was his 20. I still haven't told him.
  • omorgano
    omorgano Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Only time I find money is when I see someone drop it and I give it back
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I found $40 at a lake on the beach and then my parents made me give $20 to my little sister. $50 at the grocery store, $5 at the Verizon store.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    $10 In middle school while waiting for my mom to pick me up from detention. Reverse karma, anyone? :)

I have had several dreams about finding rubber-banded wads of cash, but so far none have come true...
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I found an envelope with about two hundred in it in the parking lot at walmart
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I found a $100 bill on the ground of the parking lot outside the movie theater. My friend and I split the money and went shopping in the outlets nearby. It was great!
    I found a $100 bill on the ground at a car lot lol