Replies

• sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight. It was easy and tasty. Even my picky-eater husband liked it!
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Looks very good!!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Except for the taco seasoning packet
    and the fat free sour cream that looks pretty good.

As has been mentioned MANY brands of powdered taco seasoning have MSG and partially hydrogenated oils among their many ingredients.

Here's "Old El Paso"

INGREDIENTS:
    Maltodextrin, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, spice, monosodium glutamate, corn starch, yellow corn flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, silicon dioxide (anticaking agent), natural flavor, ethoxyquin (preservative).
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to try this for sure! Maybe with some black olives and green onions tossed in... mmmmm hehe :smile:
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    I don't know how this is a clean recipe at all but it sounds tasty regardless
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!!
  • Yoshima
    Yoshima Posts: 58
    Options
    I don't know how this is a clean recipe at all but it sounds tasty regardless

That's what I was thinking.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Not a bad recipe, but I don't know how 'clean' it is.

- Unless you're making your own pasta, there's going to be some things in there that nature didn't intend you to digest.

- Ground turkey isn't really all that much better than 85/15 ground beef unless you're getting ground turkey 'breast'. As long as the beef is grass fed, you're golden either way.

- The taco seasoning packet will have addatives and extra salt and other preservatives thrown in. A simple Google search will help you find a custom taco seasoning without the fillers. I always make a bunch at once so I can use it when I need it.

- The fat free sour cream is also going to move away from clean. They have to process the cream to remove the fat, therefore deteriorating it. Then they have to add a bunch of junk to have what's left to look and taste like sour cream should. Fat is not the enemy and is actually essential in the digestive process it. You'd be far better off as a clean eater using natural sour cream than fat free. Remember, look for the fewest ingredients possible when choosing your food.

-Cheese is marginal - not really clean, but not really terrible either.

- I also hope you're making your own salsa. A simple pico de gallo will have tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a bit of garlic powder. If you're using anything branded, chances are there's lots of preservatives and other junk in there.

Otherwise, a good looking recipe!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    Bump
  • Juliann4k9
    Juliann4k9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    looks great
  • vmassey88
    Options
    bump
  • TMcSter