WOMEN ONLY.... Please....

Options
124»

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 surgeries to rid my insides of endometriosis...

The last surgery, after a year of pain and other issues (cramps, IBS, etc), they did many tests and found a large cyst/tumor off my ovary so they went in a removed this huuuge 7 pound benign tumor and my left ovary (which is where i felt most of my pain)...haven't had pain since :D woot! 7 months and pain free!

The only other thing that truly helped me with cramps was going gluten free. Honestly,I felt a different in a few days.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Vitex from a health food store. Helps with heavy bleeding and PMS symptoms. Evening Primrose also works. Black Cohosh can help with cramps and fever.

I didn't have any trouble untl I had my tubes tied. Now, it's just miserable for at least two of the five days I'm on.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    It really sounds like you could possibly have endometriosis. I have horrible periods and I get bad cysts. I am now on lupron(finish my last month later this month)and I have never felt better! I will go on birth control after and will be skipping the sugar pills. My doctor does not want me to have periods until im ready to have children.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have found that for some reason Midol helps when nothing else does. No idea why. I definitely think it's worth discussing with your dr. though. Hope things ease up for you!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options

I HAVE read that fish oil/Omega-3s will help with it, but ... I took fish oil and wound up with an extremely upset stomach several days in a row, no matter if I ate or not.

All I can say is to go to the doctor. That's what I'll be doing soon, too - just can't take it for another 20 years :/.

Flax seed oil. Same thing, only plant based.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    exercise does relieve cramping and my mental symptoms as well ;)