From Pancake Butt to Bootylicious!

Options
13»

Replies

• B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    Your progress is incredibly inspiring. Realistically, do you think similar gains -- meaning, obliterating the pancake butt -- are possible without a gym?

Right now, I'm limited to at-home workouts with 40lb weights (max).

Also, how soon did you begin to notice a fuller backside?
  • Lisamar74
    Lisamar74 Posts: 114
    Options
    You've inspired me. Me bum is pretty much like yours in your first pic and I want it to be like your 2n d pic. Deadlifts and step ups here I come!!!! Well done:)))
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration & information! After 40, things started...uhm...going south & my back side used to be my best side! I'm determined more than ever to get by back, back!
  • MaggiesMom3406
    Options
    Bootylicious!! LOL Great job!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Somebody give me a penny so I can bounce it
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Nice Butt!
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My poor butt fiend of a husband got shafted when he married me and my flat *kitten*! Your post really got me inspired that I CAN have a butt! Please do post your routine! Thanks!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    looking good!
  • get_fitordietryn
    get_fitordietryn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love It.....
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive comments guys! To answer some questions(really quick since I am on lunch!)- like someone said, heavy is relative. If you were only doing bodyweight lunges, all you may have to add is a few pounds to start seeing a difference.

Plus...saying lift heavy is not all there is to it.

you have to be able to ACTIVATE the glute, not just go through the motions. The program I have now has me doing a week of pyramids. One of the workouts I am going from 21 deadlifts to 7 and then back up to 21.

With 21 I will go super light but REALLY concentrate on getting that glute activated.

If I go heavy and it's the wrong muscle working and I can't feel my glute...I eat humble pie and make myself drop weight. Activation comes first for me. If I am not getting the right muscles to fire I better go a bit lighter until I can. I want to make EVERY rep count. Nothing is wasted. (but at the same time when I say light, I don't mean punk dumbell light! Got it?!)

I know someone asked me about the program I am using. The program I am using is in phases. I am currently in Phase 2. It would not be fair to post one workout and then if you did it, not get the results you want. There are progressions. That doesn't mean you have to use the exact program I am using. I am sure any good program that has you doing deadlifts, squats, etc. will be good. Just be sure you are activating the glute and progressing.

Whatever works for you and gets you the results..is good.

I will give one FREE tip I do.

I used to be SOOOO embarrased of my pancake glutes that I would actually stick it out to make it seem bigger. WRONG!

I found out I had an excessive anteror pelvic tilt. I started to tuck that pelvis in and squeezed the glutes EACH AND EVERY TIME I walked. I actually had to consciously do it. Correcting that helped me get the right signals for my deadlifts and squats, stepups, etc. making them more effective.

So ladies...squeeze EVERY time you WALK and lengthen that stride.!

It will seem odd at first. But it works!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Ummm this is an AWESOME success story...Definitely inspiring..especially for me...I was also called names in reference to my flat butt....This let's me know to keep working hard...Currently doing BUTT BIBLE so hope it helps...But Best Luck to you in your contest...You are a Hottie for sure....and thanks for sharing....

OH and Thanks for sharing great tips....Control of your glutes is so important...
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I am going to have to step up my step ups! LOL!!!! You look great:) congrats!
  • teemarania
    Options
    This is exactly what I've been thinking about all week! Thanks for the inspiration! I yo-yo a lot too. Every time I get smaller, my butt gets flatter. I'm at 190 right now and trying to lose body fat while retaining muscle composition, and get a better looking *kitten*! I love this. Thank you!!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have a pancake butt. LOL My husband says its getting bigger but I dont notice a difference.. I know a JLo and Kim K booty is out of the question for me but I want a little something! Thanks for the awesome tips! You look amazing! :drinker:
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Your booty looks FANTASTIC!! haha Congratulations lady, you are a big inspiration!! Thanks for the tips, I need to do more of these each day instead of every other.

PS: What would you say to a person who sits on there rump 10 hrs a day? I can get up anytime I want to and walk around, I'm just having a little bit of sagging problem and It wont go away. I want my booty like yours. haha .MIne is still like jello... ;/
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nice butt!!! I feel like mine is shrinking and that's not cool lol
    Nice to see the ability to transform it! I will let that motivate me next time I'm at the gym!

Great job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!