My favorite spaghetti squash recipe! What's yours?

Options

Replies

• rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. I could eat it for almost every meal and be happy. Normally I don't care for the fall because I know that winter is coming up shortly after and I hate the cold but last night when I was grocery shopping I found a reason to love the fall. The spaghetti squash are huge! Sure, you can buy them year round but they are small, barely enough for both my husband and I to have for a meal and I like to cook in bulk. I got a squash last night that was at least 7 pounds and I can't wait to cook it! The following is my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash but I would love some more recipes!

Needed
    1 spaghetti squash
    2 bell peppers (your choice color - I use red and green)
    Minced garlic
    1 onion
    2 tomatoes
    Olives
    Crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to 375
    Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half and clean
    Place cut side down on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 45 minutes (or until you can easily pierce the shell with a fork)

While the spaghetti squash is cooking, cut up 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1/2 to 1 whole onion (your choice depending on love for onions), and heat up in a pan with minced garlic to taste. I usually use 2-3 tbs of garlic but then I really like garlic. Once the onion is a little soft, add diced tomatos and olives until they are heated.

When the spaghetti squash is done, take out of the oven and using a fork scrap the interior longways to form the "noodles" and put them in a large bowl. Toss with the veggies and then serve with crumbled feta cheese on top.

I've been eating it this week prepared almost exactly like this! The only differences: I nuked the squash and I added mushrooms and asparagus to the veggies. So yummy...more so the second day, even.

And I usually hate all things squash.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just bought one the other day and will be coming back looking for a great new recipe to try...
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump...never tried spaghetti squash before and these recipes sound so good!!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!!!

I love spaghetti squash all ways, I bake it insides down in a pan with some water. I can eat it plain, or toss it with some marinara. It's good on a spinach salad. I don't think I have had it any way I didn't like. :)
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    So how does it taste in comparison to actual spaghetti noodles? Does it taste like squash? I hate squash but I see recipes all over the place using this squash and pass right by them.

I usually hate squash as well, so it took me forever to try it. I'm always dubious of it when I haven't had it for a while, even! But the squash taste is very mild. And most ways of eating pasta add so many strong flavors...garlic, spaghetti sauce, etc., that it pretty much completey overpowers the squash tasted. It does not have exactly the same texture as spaghetti...but you get used to that pretty quickly.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    These recipes look delicious :flowerforyou:
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • chardi7
    chardi7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to try these out...they look and sound sooo good.
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So excited I found this thread. I love Spaghetti squash :)
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I have always wondered how to make spaghetti squash... definitely buying one today!!! Like alot of the ideas on here! Thanks
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    gotta try this later!
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump, Great post!
  • april_khalia
    april_khalia Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Help! Bump??? What does that mean? New to this and trying to understand!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I usually just pour some spaghetti meat sauce on it ( I use ground turkey in mine) and sprinkle with parm.!!! Yummy!
  • hollyrunner
    hollyrunner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the microwave tip; I have always done mine in the oven & cook it whole because it's too difficult to cut it in half. So I will def try it in the micro.
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump..can't wait to try some of these out!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!! :)
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    Thanks! Cant wait to try it tonight. My daughter just gave me a spaghetti squash from her garden
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I just made a Skinny Shrimp scampi version. It was delish! It was a recipe from the Rachel Ray magazine and very easy to make!

Can you share this recipe!?!?!? I don't get that magazine and would love to know how to make it cuz it sounds amazing!!!
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try. Thanks for sharing.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump for later