My favorite spaghetti squash recipe! What's yours?

Options

Replies

• brittany127
    brittany127 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I have no spaghetti squash recipes so I will have to try this. My son and I love to just throw it in the microwave for five min (give or take), slice it in half and eat it. Idid serve it under turkey chili last weekend and it was delicious. Love, love spaghetti squash.
  • maybaby56
    Options
    I can't wait to try these recipies, I love spagetti squash too! thanks
  • pljones34
    pljones34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made spaghetti squash last week; I too made it as a pasta dish; I baked mine whole in the oven for 45 min - 1hr, then cut lengthwise, scrapped seeds out, shredded the squash with a fork, looks just like spaghetti; sauteed the noodles with olive oil, garlic and parsley quickly; placed on a platter, served with 4 small pieces of sausage over the top, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.....and called it dinner!:smile:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I had it for breakfast this morning, along with sauteed mushrooms & onions, a little leftover ham and fresh spinach (wilted in the pan), some Parmesan cheese, and two fried eggs. The key is to squeeze out as much water as possible before it goes in the pan. 325 calories of yum!
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If you have the yard for it, try growing it! That's what me and my dad did! It's SUPER easy to grow. We just made one hill of it, not a whole row or anything crazy like that, and wound up with about 15 of them. Then I baked and strung them and froze them in quart size bags, and I can just take some out to defrost whenever I want!! I put it in whatever I would normally use pasta for.

So the first time I had it was at a restaurant called Bob Evans, and they had it sweet like a dessert! I've made it since, but what I do is use splenda, cinnamon, and nutmeg and just toss that with the warm spaghetti squash. It's quite scrumptious!
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    Glad I fell upon this thread ;)
  • ddstrazzy
    ddstrazzy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found the recipe for the skinny scampi on google

Rachael Ray Skinny Scampi

I tried adding a link by it didn't work.
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Bump
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today, might just eat it with butter, garlic, salt and pepper!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any here in Aus. I have bought some seeds on ebay and hubs and I are going to try and grow some. They sound delish and also great that you can freeze the cooked flesh. :)
  • dannconvey
    dannconvey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I,M GOING TO TRY TO MAKE THIS RECIPE LOOKS SO GOOD.. THANKS FOR POSTING IT.:happy:
  • tinkteri
    Options
    Question?? If I cook a spaghetti squash and shred it, can I separate it into portions then bag it /freeze for later? I am the only one in the house that likes this squash, but 1 squash seems to make enough for 3 meals for me.

Thanks....Teri
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!! What kind of olives - black kalamata?
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. I could eat it for almost every meal and be happy. Normally I don't care for the fall because I know that winter is coming up shortly after and I hate the cold but last night when I was grocery shopping I found a reason to love the fall. The spaghetti squash are huge! Sure, you can buy them year round but they are small, barely enough for both my husband and I to have for a meal and I like to cook in bulk. I got a squash last night that was at least 7 pounds and I can't wait to cook it! The following is my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash but I would love some more recipes!

Needed
    1 spaghetti squash
    2 bell peppers (your choice color - I use red and green)
    Minced garlic
    1 onion
    2 tomatoes
    Olives
    Crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to 375
    Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half and clean
    Place cut side down on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 45 minutes (or until you can easily pierce the shell with a fork)

While the spaghetti squash is cooking, cut up 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1/2 to 1 whole onion (your choice depending on love for onions), and heat up in a pan with minced garlic to taste. I usually use 2-3 tbs of garlic but then I really like garlic. Once the onion is a little soft, add diced tomatos and olives until they are heated.

When the spaghetti squash is done, take out of the oven and using a fork scrap the interior longways to form the "noodles" and put them in a large bowl. Toss with the veggies and then serve with crumbled feta cheese on top.

This sounds UH-MAZING!!! Gotta try it!!!!
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!