Am I the only one?

Options
13»

Replies

• wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Keep doing the things you like to do as far as exercise goes. Try to weight lift every other day, and do cardio at least an hour every day. If you are watching television, during the commercials you can get up and jog in place, do jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, whatever that gets you active.

Keep eating what you like, but try to drop the amount down by about 10%.

If you log your meals and exercises into mfp every day, you can see how you are doing, and when you complete your log and the page reloads, mfp will tell you a weight that in 5 weeks you could be at if you keep up the good work you did that day. That right there is the reason that I continue to get onto mfp so much! I love seeing that it thinks I am doing so good that I could possibly lose 15 lbs in the next 5 weeks!

***Add me as a friend! I love helping to motivate people! I have lost 35 lbs since July 9th!

The marching is place during a commercial is a great workout. I just wish I could remember to get off my butt and do it.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I can relate.

I believe it's critical to have deep, meaningful reasons behind the goals we set for ourselves that we can use as touchstones. What helps me is to continuously put thought into the reasons I want to do this beyond the scale and commit those thoughts to paper. Knowing what my real motivations are whether it's about healthy blood chemistry, living a longer life, enjoying activities more or new ones, feeling good, looking better, or whatever it is for you can help us stay centered and focused when the number on the scale isn't moving or when we're doubting our resolve.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I understand your feelings because that''s how I feel at this point. If you have a bad day, week or month, begin everyday as you did when you began this weightloss journey. Remember being healthy is "NO" longer an option. Best wishes!!!!!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    well, i was really excited about being on MFP at first...the results were great and i was super motivated...but sometimes you just need to lay back for a bit...then get back on to it...i think its all about pacing yourself...so its ok to fall off as long as you decide to get back on your feet again...sometimes things can get demotivating...or sluggish, so i found...if i could just maintain where i got to...until i felt all excited about weightloss again....things would progress and i wouldnt have gained back what i had worked so hard...to lose.. LOL!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one!

When I started I ate 500 calories one day, and 1200-1500 the next day. I lost a lot fast that way, but I couldn't keep that up and gained a good bit of that back (but not all). Now I'm much healthier, and happy with the pace of weight loss. You come to realize that this isn't a process you can rush.