Our 3 favorites!
    2gt87b9.jpg
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i can haz brown rice cali rollz?!?!?!?
  • njitalian
    Options
    I live for Sashimi! Uni (sea urchin) directly out of the shell is my fav but highly doubt they will have that at an all you can eat.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    JUST DONT EAT USELESS RICE.
    Rice is a useless food. its one of the worst foods on planet.

Eat raw sashimi, beef.
    its so nutritious mmmmmmmm.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    LOVE SUSHI, jealous :)

I am a firm believer that this is a lifestyle change and you need to enjoy your life. I say do what you wish for dinner and get back on track tomorrow. That's just me though, moderation never killed anyone :)

Enjoy!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm going out to dinner for sushi with a friend tonight. I've been real good with my diet, and wondering what healthy options are there. We're going to an all you can eat buffet! Ah I hope I can control myself. Any suggestions?

One of my favorite foods while out and about is simply california rolls. YUM.

I personally would avoid all you can eat and order a simple dish if that were an option. I'm too small to ever have all you can eat price be worth it.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    <---Cheats for sushi.

^^THIS^^
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    <---Cheats for sushi.

^ What he said.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    My favorite specialty roll at my favorite place is about 300 calories per roll (4 pieces). I would have to eat over 11 plates to gain one pound.

I have tried to reach this but the best I did was 6 plates. :bigsmile:
    Please describe this roll!

Its called a Red Devil roll. Basically a shrimp tempura roll with shredded crab on top and then the spicy and sweet sauce drizzled across it.

l.jpg

Great, now I really want sushi!:love:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    ^ME2
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Every place I eat Sushi in Houston is more than happy to make any sushi roll without rice. they usually load it up with a crab leg or shrimp to make it look nice.

even the buffet place will put out a tray of "riceless" sushi if you ask nice.
  • mgreen7547
    Options
    I did a package of grocery store sushi for lunch today... nine average sized roll pieces. 4 were crab and cucumber with avocado on top and 5 were tuna (raw) with salmon (raw) on top. Because it was prepackaged it had the calorie amount on the label and said all nine piece added up to 488 calories. Hope that helps!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Its called a Red Devil roll. Basically a shrimp tempura roll with shredded crab on top and then the spicy and sweet sauce drizzled across it.

l.jpg

I really need to know where you get this. I live 20 miles outside of Vancouver, and that looks like it'd be worth the drive, and girlfriend and I need a new sushi joint for date night. We normally eat at Sansai in NW Portland, 21st and Hoyt, if you're interested.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    All you can eat sushi... so dangerous... so yummy... can you take me with you?

I think it's pretty much covered here already. Sashimi is the best option because what makes the rice sticky is a mixture of rice vinegar and sugar (plus more sashimi=more protein and Omega 3's!), but you should eat rolls if you prefer them. Just stay away from cream cheese filled and fried tempura rolls. Also, fish-wise, salmon and mackeral and eel tend to be on the high calorie end and red snapper on the low end.

Here's a link I find super helpful whenever I go out for sushi (which I do a LOT because it it the best food in the universe).

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the sushi I wanted and just add an extra workout this week.
    Edamamme is a great appetizer and healthy- it might help you eat less sushi
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had sushi today and normally I save "cheat" meals for the weekend, so instead of going all out and getting rolls with tempura and/or cream cheese in them, I kept it a little more basic. I had miso soup, salad with ginger dressing on the side, a few pieces of a tuna and salmon roll, and an Alaskan Roll with cucumber, avocado and salmon. It was delicious. Personally, if I were you and it's dinner with friends, I'd say to heck with it and order whatever your heart desires...regardless of calories. Enjoy.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I will never count my sushi calories ..................never I say !!
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't count them before I eat them, not with sushi. But I do use that site afterwards because I make myself log everything, even my less strict meals where I just eat what I want. If I can't stand the thought of putting it in my diary where people can see it, it's not worth eating even on a non-strict day. (I really don't like calling it cheating, I am NOT on a diet.)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    GWWWWRRRRRRRRWWWRRRRLLLLL

^ That was my stomach reading this thread. I hope you're all happy. :grumble:

/stomps off to cook some chicken.