i don't want to be in love anymore :-/

Options
124»

Replies

• Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Quickest way to get over someone is to get under someone else….

But seriously, if it’s broke, and you have been together for a good amount of time, chances are you aren’t going to ever fix it. Time is our most precious commodity. Don’t waste it. Most sucky people get nice when they think they are going to lose someone great in their life….but they almost ALWAYS go back to sucking like a hooker on the docks on a payday.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Why won't someone let me off this merry go round??
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Then don't be... hate to break it to the hopeless romantics out there... but love (real actual love) is a choice... you either love someone or you don't... all the "in love" stuff is just lust and a chemical thing... so if you don't want to lust after someone than avert your attention and stay out of his space.

Yeah, I want to second this and add to it. Years ago, a friend of mine said this awesome thing to me, "Love is an action. And you have to work on loving the person you claim you love every day, or the truth of that eventually fades and isn't true any longer."

There are things we don't want to do, but in order to keep loving a person, we choose to.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WEEEE are never ever everrrrrrrrr getting baaack together! no WE-EEEEE! are NEVER EVER EVER EVERRRRRR getting baaack together.

like. ever.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    just break up!
    what took you so long today? \m/ ;-P

Slept in :tongue:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    WEEEE are never ever everrrrrrrrr getting baaack together! no WE-EEEEE! are NEVER EVER EVER EVERRRRRR getting baaack together.

like. ever.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for getting this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i just have to laugh at the attention this post is getting
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    For the love of all things fried and quinoa. Get to the damned therapist.

I know you are going through tough times, you know you are going through tough times, All of MFP know you are going through tough times, people in Guam know you are going through tough times.
    Last night in the Presidential they both acknowledged that YES you are going through tough times.

I'm sure you are a really sweet person but you HAVE got to move on. Everytime you think of him, make a list of things YOU need to do to make things better for YOU and your son.
    Of course the man is being distant you broke up.

This.
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How can you decide not to be "in love" anymore. I thought it just happens, it is divine.

^ this

if it's real, then you can't control when to fall in or out of it.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    How can you decide not to be "in love" anymore. I thought it just happens, it is divine.

trust me I know... I wish I could though...

^ this

• deniseearheart
    Options
    I just can't wait to get it over with already. 4 years together is a long time of my life
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I just can't wait to get it over with already. 4 years together is a long time of my life

If you can't wait to get over it.. why are you even attempting to get back with him then? I think part of the problem is you are not sure what you want. It seems you would rather be with someone who throws you and your son out with nothing... rather than be alone. Untill you decide to move on, you will not.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

like. ever.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for getting this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

:laugh: Yeah now it's stuck in my head too.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I just wanna be in lust FOREVER!

Carry on!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

^ this

Yes you can... you can totally control who you love... like I said, "falling in love" is nothing more than a pheramone/chemical response... it is more akin to lust... If you let your mind dwell on that lust to the point that because a infatuation, you are tricking yourself to think you are "in love"... regardless of whether you really love that person... hence why people fall in and out of "love" so easily... it has nothing to do with fate or the stars or some divine intervention.... and it has everything to do with you and how your brain works.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that.

From 2003-2006, 14 months in Baqubah, Iraq, followed by 10 months home, followed by 13 more months in Baghdad, Iraq.

I came home to my wife (at the time) and her boyfriend.

She's now my ex-wife.

This, too, shall pass.

thanks for ur service
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that.

From 2003-2006, 14 months in Baqubah, Iraq, followed by 10 months home, followed by 13 more months in Baghdad, Iraq.

I came home to my wife (at the time) and her boyfriend.

She's now my ex-wife.

This, too, shall pass.
    wtf
  • deniseearheart
    Options

If you can't wait to get over it.. why are you even attempting to get back with him then? I think part of the problem is you are not sure what you want. It seems you would rather be with someone who throws you and your son out with nothing... rather than be alone. Untill you decide to move on, you will not.

well why would I want to continue to be in pain??!! And he did fix it. my son was not with me the night he made me leave he was with his dad. The very next night he checked my son and I into an extended stay hotel and is paying rent for me and giving me money helping me out.. He is not the worlds worst man ever but we have had problems the last year. I love him and I want to be with him. I just hope taking time apart is not wasting my time as well. I am however working on myself and positive things are happening for me but my heart aches. I know everyone in the world has felt it at some point.. But I really have no one to talk to about it and if I can gain some extra friends through these threads then so be it... I don't care if it annoys some people. I don't have to see them on a daily basis. I am not being rude or insulting anyone I am just heart broken and want someone to talk to. I have gained some friends out of this on here and that is great!!!