How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options

Replies

• boucherjodi
    boucherjodi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred two days ago! I have been working out for about a month now. I will be making sure I do. Strechest
    today I was just looking up if it was normal to not be able to sit or do stairs without pain after this workout. So yes anyone reading stretch first. Or you will be in pain like me! Good luck everyone!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    By all means, go for it!!...I lost so many inches doing 30DS. As someone else said, stretch as much as possible because you will FEEL IT!!

I just believe you cannot go wrong with Jillian, I have all her videos.
  • beckye93
    beckye93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred 3 days in a row now. I feel it in my butt and my arms the most. I am also like big timee dieting. On Sunday I was 260. Today (Thursday) I'm 252. I have a lot of helpful factors, like I work in retail so I spend 8 hours standing....sometimes lifting heavy stuff. But all of those things combined...well....lets just say my fat suit should come off in no time!
  • mschrein
    mschrein Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred 3 days in a row now. I feel it in my butt and my arms the most. I am also like big timee dieting. On Sunday I was 260. Today (Thursday) I'm 252. I have a lot of helpful factors, like I work in retail so I spend 8 hours standing....sometimes lifting heavy stuff. But all of those things combined...well....lets just say my fat suit should come off in no time!

That's great! Remember to stretch more than she does at the end and take a day break every few days. The 30DS was NOT intended to be done in 30 days straight. Guest wishes! You're already seeing results and that is amazing!
  • soniadelgada
    soniadelgada Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! I just started. I've done 2 days...and hurting. Tired of her voice already and last night I thought about muting her. What I love about it is it's only 20 minutes, I sweat like a pig (even after running 4 miles) and I can do this at home any time of the day or night!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday- Today I hurt....everywhere - even my armpits!!
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I never completed the 30 day shred. I got to day 13 then birthday/summer activities kicked in and I completely fell off the wagon. I am starting over..TODAY!!!
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday. Hell of a workout! Only problem for me was that I have a large chest and the jumping jacks suck (ending up just moving my legs for most of it and holding my boobs). Probably didn't get as much out of it that way, but what are ya going to do! Good luck!
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred last Friday, July 20th. I LOVE this program and Jillian is a beast! Lol. Today was my 12th day and level 2 is definitely a challenge but I am already seeing amazing results. I'm not sure of my measurements but I know I've dropped a few because I can see and feel it in my clothes. I've also lost 6 pounds since starting! This program is so worth doing and I actually look forward to working out because I know my results will only get better.

Stick to it because you will not regret it! :)
  • PremierFiguier
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Level 1.

I was doing really well until today. I woke up to excruciating pain in my calves. lol
    I've stretched out a lot of the pain, and am hoping it will die down before my workout later.

I'll be doing 5 days on 30 DS (weekdays), then a day of running, and a day of rest.

Tough, but I know I can do it. I've gained almost all of this weight over the past year, and it has overstayed its welcome.

edit: Oh, I have lost 2 lbs so far.
  • smts69
    smts69 Posts: 3
    Options
    I certainly saw a difference in my shape but I didn't lose much weight even though I was controlling what I was eating so that sort of made me stop, its a great worksout as long as your not obsessed with your weight x I did it 5 days and had 2 days rest
  • irrshah
    Options
    Ya, its about 10 days for level 1, 10 days for level 2, 10 days for level 3. and you can take 2 days break between each level.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Sooo; from what I'm understanding, you are supposed to do the 30 Day Shred everyday? Is that the intent of the program? Someone just gave me the DVD but it didn't come with any instructions.

It's recommended you give yourself at least one rest day a week.
  • Tmiller20
    Options
    Not sure if this is the correct board to post this to. Let me know if I should post somewhere else.

I plan on starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I would like to hear your thoughts/experiences with it. How long did you do it for? How many days did you do each level? Did you take any days off? How much weight did you lose? How many inches did you lose? Pics? Advice/tips?

I started Yesterday and ive never done anything like this... Yesterday i ended up having to stop in the middle because im too out of Shape! but today i did go a little Farther and i will Keep going Farther every day... Today i did it until i felt sick to my Stomach then i had to quit :/ but i will keep pushing every day a friend and i are doing it she lives in another state though lol... Add me if you want too :)
  • clare5289
    clare5289 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 3 day 3 (will do it this afternoon) of couch to 5k - but I want to add in something for weight training. I have 30DS at home but I remember it kicked my butt the first few days! I'm worried that if I start this now, it will hurt too much to try to keep running again on Sunday. I'm thinking of doing C25K followed by 30DS this afternoon and then just 30DS tomorrow and then back to C25K Sunday plus 30DS...any thoughts?
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the 30DS either today or Sunday. I agree with everyone, STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH.
    I was on Day 4 and then my calves had a complete revolution, so I've been on hiatus for the past week. Lesson learned. And I still would like to roundhouse kick Jillian, just one good time, a la Mortal Kombat.

Good luck to everyone currently doing the 30DS or getting ready to start! We got this! :happy:
  • Mandymou77
    Options
    I started 30ds this past monday so I am on day 5 of 1. I also walk 4 miles everymorning.. I will tell you what on Tuesday it was excrutiating to walk that 4 miles but I pushed through and made it and proud of it. Now even on day 5 i feel tons better and can to the workouts from beginning to end.. I do a little modifing because my left calf is in a lot of pain, i think i pulled a muscle but i continue to push on even though. I cant wait to see results.. Im actually thinking of combining this and her ab video my tummy is just flubber :p
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    My last day is tomorrow. I started on September 1 and level 1 from the 1st to the 9th and took two rest days, so I did 7 workouts on level 1. I did level 2 from the 10th to the 19th and took two rest days, so I did 8 workouts on level 2. I did level 3 from the 20th to the 30th and took two rest days, so I did 9 workouts on level 3. During that time I lost 5.2 lbs and 13.75". This week I am finishing the program by making up the rest days to get to 10 workouts at each level, so I did 3 days of level 1, 2 days of level 2 and tomorrow I'll do my last day of level 3 and then I'll be officially done and ready to post my final results! I didn't do anything else during the program except one day of Yoga Meltdown because I needed to stretch out my back and shoulders. I've had to start getting new clothes because mine are all too big. Last night I got a new dress at Kohl's that is a size 4 (SIZE 4!!!!) and it's a little big in the shoulders and across my upper back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!