Wow, this guy.

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    do you recall what magazine this was? It is a common technique with tabloids...

That's what I was wondering. It looks like one of those "healthy" magazines that consistently has new fad diets that have you losing a huge amount of weight in a week.

Woman's World, I do believe. Generally it's a good magazine but they have questionable health advice now and then.

YES! That's the one that I was thinking.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.
    What I was thinking but stated much better
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    do you recall what magazine this was? It is a common technique with tabloids...

That's what I was wondering. It looks like one of those "healthy" magazines that consistently has new fad diets that have you losing a huge amount of weight in a week.

Woman's World, I do believe. Generally it's a good magazine but they have questionable health advice now and then.

YES! That's the one that I was thinking.

I like their cupcake recipes. ):

But in one issue they had 'boost your thyroid' advice that actually was complete bunk. I was like: WHAT? That's not right!!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Only 24lbs a week? why not 25?

Because that would be unrealistic!
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    To quote my second favorite fictional doctor: "Are you a real doctor, or are you a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?"

If the Doctor gave me his idea for a diet, not gonna lie, i'd do it.

Pretty sad that a fictional TV doctor is the only one I trust.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Does it involve amputation??

My thoughts exactly
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe a Dr would put his "seal" of approval on any kind of crash diet! It screams out "let me lead you to an eating disorder"!!! smh
  • cydnew
    cydnew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If someone tries this diet and fails to lose "up to 24 pounds in a week" the magazine and Dr. Oz have opened themselves up to a lawsuit.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

That was incredible.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    To quote my second favorite fictional doctor: "Are you a real doctor, or are you a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?"

If the Doctor gave me his idea for a diet, not gonna lie, i'd do it.

Pretty sad that a fictional TV doctor is the only one I trust.

Well that wasn't The Doctor, that was Doctor Cox from Scrubs. That's why I said second favorite! Love my Matty <3
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I spotted this little gem in line at the grocery store today.

oz.png

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If someone tries this diet and fails to lose "up to 24 pounds in a week" the magazine and Dr. Oz have opened themselves up to a lawsuit.

Nope, because they said "up to" that means you could lose 1 lb and they're safe. They probably also somewhere in the article said "results may vary". They are fully covered because you MAY lose 24, you may lose less, how much less, who knows. 24 lbs is probably the highest loss they had recorded so you may or may not have the maximum.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump...can't see pics at the office.
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

That was incredible.

It's a gift really.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe a Dr would put his "seal" of approval on any kind of crash diet! It screams out "let me lead you to an eating disorder"!!! smh

I am no Dr. Oz fan, but he didn't. This is a tabloid magazine with questionable ethics. They regularly post pictures of celebrities with claims they never made. I am always stunned by the huge sales of publications like this one.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure this is what he meant by seal of approval.

seal-of-approval.jpg
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking too. lol
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've done that three times!! Went into the hospital and each time, came out with a 10+ pound baby!! bwaahahaha!!:laugh:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options

My thought exactly!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

Winner....I LOLed!!!