Bumping Uglies during Zumba...

Options
So there is an instructor at 24hr fitness who I had the unfortunate luck to run into twice this week who insists on grinding with every young guy in the Zumba class. First - there are not many guys in the class to begin with, and the women there really want to get a good workout in. But this instructor gets off track and starts her own little party in the class and we are all just standing there or jogging in place until she gets back on track after having her little thing with the guy on the dance floor.

This instructor was annoying enough to begin with after I saw her primping before class for more than 30 minutes! No kidding - I went in to the locker room and she was primping, I went out and swam laps, came back - still in front of the mirror! I thought she was lame then...but now she is just totally annoying and inappropriate.

I wanted to scream out "Get a Room AFTER My Class!" It was such a bad workout I had to hop on the treadmill afterwards to feel like I got a good workout in.
Maybe it is because she has low self-esteem or maybe it is because she is getting up there in years and doesnt care anymore what she does...all I know is that I am sick of her acting inappropriately in Zumba! What do I do?

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Switch classes, she'll never get to be less annoying.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I would say something to staff. That's really inappropriate, and you're not paying to see a live sex show, you want a workout!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Switch classes, she'll never get to be less annoying.

^^this....

or tell the management...but really ^^this.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    complain to a manager and switch classes
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Complain to managememt. If your their for a workout and you get less then your not getting your money's worth from the gym.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty creepy to me too. Serious case of wrong time, wrong place.
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't funny but I laughed out loud at the title.
    On topic: I would inform management. If someone is paying her to be there then she should perform accordingly. If they don't deal with it I would find another class.
  • ammire82
    Options
    Report it to a manager. If she's not doing her job then she needs to get fired. I'd also talk to the other members of the class and have them do the same. The more reports they get the more of a problem it will be and they can't ignore it.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would say something to staff. That's really inappropriate, and you're not paying to see a live sex show, you want a workout!

This... You're there to exercise.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I would complain to management you are paying for the services at the gym and it could seriously hurt their business and they probably arent even aware of it. After complaining I would do another class or go to another 24 hr fitness
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This thread has left me disappointed.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    How about everyone (I'm assuming the other women there are similarly annoyed by her gyrating with the boys) boycotts the class next week so it is just her and her fancy men? I bet she won't want to dance with them then lol
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Definitely inform mgt...this could at some point lead to a sexual harrassment lawsuit and I'm sure they don't want to deal with that. I would also look to switch classes as well, but definitely I would file a complaint to mgt.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Agreed with above posters....usually instructors are contracted in OR do just their classes and get paid per class.
    Inform the gym and maybe do it as a group with other women from the class that agree with you - power in numbers
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I would complain for sure. The inappropriateness is bad enough but especially when it affects her ability to properly instruct the class.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows all the dudes in Zumba are gay, do they make grossed out faces and run out crying?
  • Paula_h65
    Paula_h65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    pull out an iphone and record her, show manager!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Yea... honestly... I'd mention something. There are certain etiquette staff should follow. I mean, if she wants to hook up with people from the class, whatever, but don't make some kind of public show of it. You're there to work out and sweat, not watch her grind.

But also, switch classes... that's uncalled for with her behavior.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Complain to managememt. If your their for a workout and you get less then your not getting your money's worth from the gym.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHqUsyeYQLsLHHNLejgKyRVb2b3K12mB41alkkf5c8pRJtvM2KMg
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Where can I sign up?