Bumping Uglies during Zumba...

Options

Replies

• Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bumping uglies must mean very different things 'twixt us. By the way, don't film unless you have permission to film her. That is against the law in many states. However, DO switch classes and give this as the reason. Some places don't really care unless they are loosing buisness; there is a chance the instructor could say they were only helping the person with some of the moves. I worked at a gymnastics workshop and someone (who I despised) was reported for something similiar. Luckily for them I was there and was able to back up the instructor. SOMETIMES contact is part of instruction. This by no means, means you should not report something if you find it inappropriate.

(Edited because my darn keyboard sticks and I had to fiiiiiiix some issues.)
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Oh noes...Where is this zumba class? I want to experience this horror for myself.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This thread is not what I thought it would be.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm offended. I've been going to my class for over 1 year now and there's never been bumping or grinding of any kind!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    This thread has left me disappointed.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    lemme know where this class is I suddenly wanna take zumba
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    The male responses on this thread are not typical of all males thankfully.

Are you a tight enough class for you women to speak to the men in the class. It is a bit lame of them to allow this behaviour to continue, not to mention embarrassing. Perhaps if she is told to back of by a few males she will wind her neck in?
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    1.) Sounds like my kinda class! :)
    2.) Give feedback... Maybe she thought she was doing a good job. Also don't assume. Instead of primping in front of the mirror, maybe she was really nervous?
    3.) If it really bothers you, complain to management.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would definitely complain to management and if there are a few of you who approach management together..the better! It's very unprofessional! You pay fees for a quality class..not watching inappropriate behavior!
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    Video tape it, and post it on the internet for money. =D
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of giving Zumba a try. Where can I say up???
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    [
    Thanks for your guidance - I didn't want to get her in trouble since it is her job - but at the same time - I don't want to have to spend another 15 minutes in the gym just to get the workout I should have gotten in an hour without the floor show.

It is NOT her job to rub on the men in class - it is her job to teach Zumba.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    report her. do not talk to her. go straight to manager ore staff and let them know. they will come and watch. if she still does it while they watch then let it roll... they will take care of it.

it's a zumba dance/exercise/just move it class not a dirty dancing floor show. :P
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Isn't that kind of the point of Zumba? To do sexy things while sweating and revving your heart rate? Wait. I have never seen a man in a Zumba class.
  • Timehope
    Timehope Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is of course every guy's fantasy -- until it is real. Some years ago a 40-ish woman I liked (as a witty person) would come up behind me while I was at my desk and suddenly give me an un-requested neck massage and ask, purring, "How's your love life?" (She knew I was married.) It creeped me out. I wanted to gag. She had no authority over me but nonetheless I was polite and didn't want to hurt her feelings. Luckily both of us left that job before long.

I think most guys won't protest (it looks weak if they do) but they don't like it either.

The upshot -- I doubt this primping, "bumping" lady will last long. No one likes it.
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This thread has left me disappointed.

As well as me.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Isn't that kind of the point of Zumba? To do sexy things while sweating and revving your heart rate? Wait. I have never seen a man in a Zumba class.

We always have men in our classes. We even have men instructors!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You simply find a new class.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    *Sill scratching my head that she needed to ask what to do here*
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    So there is an instructor at 24hr fitness who I had the unfortunate luck to run into twice this week who insists on grinding with every young guy in the Zumba class. First - there are not many guys in the class to begin with, and the women there really want to get a good workout in. But this instructor gets off track and starts her own little party in the class and we are all just standing there or jogging in place until she gets back on track after having her little thing with the guy on the dance floor.

This instructor was annoying enough to begin with after I saw her primping before class for more than 30 minutes! No kidding - I went in to the locker room and she was primping, I went out and swam laps, came back - still in front of the mirror! I thought she was lame then...but now she is just totally annoying and inappropriate.

I wanted to scream out "Get a Room AFTER My Class!" It was such a bad workout I had to hop on the treadmill afterwards to feel like I got a good workout in.
    Maybe it is because she has low self-esteem or maybe it is because she is getting up there in years and doesnt care anymore what she does...all I know is that I am sick of her acting inappropriately in Zumba! What do I do?

you quit the class and talk to the owner