JEANS how do you know?

Options
This might seem like a dumb question, but it is an answer I need to know lol. How do you know if you have gone down a jean size? Does the jeans nees to just button and zip and have a muffin top. Or their can't be no muffin top? OR WHAT LOL?

Replies

• jealous_loser
    Options
    I would say when you feel comfortable in the next size down. So not just being able to squeeze into them, but actually fitting into them is when you've gone down a jeans size.

That being said, I ahve lost 22 pounds and not dropped a single jeans size. Frustrating.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I figure that if they button/zip up and I can walk around in them and breathe without problems, then they fit.
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i always seem to have a baby muffin top :(
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well it depends how you normally wear your jeans. I like mine to have a slightly higher rise (like just under the belly button), and fitted, but not snug. Today they have been failing down and the crotch is getting saggy. Lol. I'm getting to the "must belt" or buy new pair stage. I guess if you prefer baggy jeans you could wear them longer once they get that loose, but I think I'm going to hit the thrift store soon. Go try some on in a shop, the pants one size down might fit just like your old ones! Don't know till you try.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If you can wear it in public and look good, then it's your size.
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me too =/
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    "Button and zipped" was pretty much the standard I lived by before I began my get-fit journey, and if I still went by that standard, I could say I wear a size 2 now. But no, I'm a size 4. I have no tolerance for muffin tops anymore. None at all. That was one of the reasons it took so long to drop the first size. I went from size 14s I should have been embarrassed to wear in public to size 12s that actually fit.
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I won't wear jeans with a muffin top. It makes a person to look fatter. The clothes need to have a touch of a give to look right imo. I'd rather have a belt.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Bottom line...if you don't have to think about how they're fitting during the day...then they fit. :) I won't wear muffin top pants OR pants that I have to keep pulling up.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    If you can stand up, sit down, squat, bend over, etc, and they don't pinch or bind, and aren't sagging off your body - they fit.
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 lbs down and still can't fit into jeans a size smaller :(
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If you can put them on without laying on the bed and/or zip them up and button them with no trouble then I'd say that its a perfect fit. I lost 24 pounds and my jeans started falling off me now I know its time for new jeans but until I get $ for new clothes I have to settle on wearing a belt. Its a good feeling though!:bigsmile:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you start walking and they fall off I think you might need to go down a size. Or down a donut.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If it fits well enough for me to wear out in public, then that's the right size. Can't stand muffin top or wedgies. After all, no one can read the size tag on my pants, so they don't know if it's a smaller size. All they can see is if it fits well and makes the most of my figure. That's what counts, imo.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    no muffin top, they zip and button properly, and you can sit in them. thats how you know. lol
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I would say when you feel comfortable in the next size down. So not just being able to squeeze into them, but actually fitting into them is when you've gone down a jeans size.

That being said, I ahve lost 22 pounds and not dropped a single jeans size. Frustrating.

this.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. I lost about 15kg a few years back and stayed in the same clothes size. I just figured I should have been wearing a bigger size to start with!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I won't wear jeans with a muffin top. It makes a person to look fatter. The clothes need to have a touch of a give to look right imo. I'd rather have a belt.

LOL....

If you wear "Mom Jeans" like me, then there's no such thing as a "muffin top" because they cover your belly completely. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    If you can put them on without laying on the bed and/or zip them up and button them with no trouble then I'd say that its a perfect fit. I lost 24 pounds and my jeans started falling off me now I know its time for new jeans but until I get $ for new clothes I have to settle on wearing a belt. Its a good feeling though!:bigsmile:

What? The 80s are over? :explode:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    1. No cameltoe

2. I can breathe in them

3. I don't have to go up a size shirt to hide a muffin top