Zumba

Options
does anyone do Zumba and also when you track it what do you enter it in as I tried typing Zumba and it couldnt find it

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    it doesn't have it in here. I use "dancing, aerobic" or I put in my own using my own estimated calorie burn
  • mdmorgan25
    mdmorgan25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try this calculator and then enter manually.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • ChantalFiset
    ChantalFiset Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, cause I want to start doing that too...
  • ChantalFiset
    ChantalFiset Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info, will keep that webpage in my bookmarks!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on a regular basis and I believe I had to add it in as an exercise on MFP. Do you know how many calories you burned? I use a HRM and the burns I get are not anywhere near what some of the websites give me or what I hear other people say they burn.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Getting a Heart Rate Monitor is the best way to know how many calories you burn in a class. Tonight I crushed it and burnt 800 calories, most classes I burn 550 - 600. You get out what you put in!

Hope that helps!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I looked it up on another site when I first needed it. When I type it in, it comes up. I thought I said I'd share it...

If it doesn't come up, Google calories burned during Zumba.

For me, it says 60 min. is 688 calories. I do a very intense Zumba class.

I thin that still might be a high cal count, but 2 people in my class that have worn monitors said it was the top calorie burning exercise at the rec center they attended.
  • irishangel18622
    Options
    I loved it!!!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba regularly... I had to add it here. I use a heart rate monitor. Tonight I burned a smashing 1156 calories. It is a very high intensity class. Sadly I can only go to this class o. Fridays... My normal class I will still burn 800 - 1050 though.
  • Mishh3217
    Options
    hi ive been doing zumba at the gym but i cant find it on the exercise data base od you know how i can ??
  • j_masher
    j_masher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information and tools. I was trying to figure out the calorie count too.