The hardest thing about dating...

Options

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think it's meeting new people.

Right now I know most of the people I'm going to know from work and the gym and the places I frequent... and I don't know how to meet people without a proper introduction... hell, I don't even know how to make eye contact with a cute guy. And I doubt that they're going to introduce themselves with the girl that won't look them in the eye. And after that barrier, I still don't know how to get them to talk to me...

Stupid awkwardness.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hiding the bondage gear and leather until I've got him sufficiently tied down.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    My wife is against me dating. ;) I'm just trying to be funny, I'm madly in love with my wife, but found your topic interesting sounding, so I checked out your posts. Interesting responses, I liked dating when I was single, but love the married life much more.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey right now. I spent 14 years in a marriage that quickly and suddenly fell apart by reasons still unknown to me, spent about 3 years crying about it, while dating women and basically drinking myself into a coma everyday, and now, I'm in a quiet period. So, no dating for me. I need to regroup. It's nice not to really think about that at all. I enjoy quiet evenings, when I don't have my kids.

The thing I realized while I was dating is that I was not really there and it wasn't fair.

The hardest thing about it is this...

You meet someone. You like them. They seem happy and they make you feel good. You date for a few months, but it just ant clicking. Maybe for her, but not for me. Yes, I like her. But, it's not that deep like. It's not that super amazing feeling, it's just kinda like, eh, it's fine, she's nice and we have fun. So, one day, you get tired of the charade and you break it off. That's what I hate about dating. I want it to be awesome and last forever. But, if it's not going to those awesome places in my heart, I have break it off. Some women just don't get that. But, how else can you know if you don't try for a while? It's a difficult thing.

Meeting women is easy. I don't usually have that problem. I just don't wanna right now.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

How do you tie him down when your bondage gear is hidden?

Ha! Caught in a lie!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

How do you tie him down when your bondage gear is hidden?

Ha! Caught in a lie!

Step into my basement and I'll show you really quickly... this'll just take a minute, promise....
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    At this point of time it's not finding someone to go out with. It's finding someone who is compatible.
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Putting myself out there. I'm so shy...

^^^ so me! I feel ya. & when guys approach me, I intentionally push them away.. I don't know what's wrong with me!
    I think until I'm satisfy with myself, I can put myself out there.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Staying interested, unfortunately I seem to have the attention span of a five year old. *sign* 

This.

I rarely find people who challenge my mind and I end up being bored...
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Actually meeting someone locally is the hardest for me. I live in a community dominated heavily by married people, plus I work from home. Gave up on Match and PoF when I got tired of being some girl's idea of a "free dinner".
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey right now. I spent 14 years in a marriage that quickly and suddenly fell apart by reasons still unknown to me, spent about 3 years crying about it, while dating women and basically drinking myself into a coma everyday, and now, I'm in a quiet period. So, no dating for me. I need to regroup. It's nice not to really think about that at all. I enjoy quiet evenings, when I don't have my kids.

The thing I realized while I was dating is that I was not really there and it wasn't fair.

The hardest thing about it is this...

You meet someone. You like them. They seem happy and they make you feel good. You date for a few months, but it just ant clicking. Maybe for her, but not for me. Yes, I like her. But, it's not that deep like. It's not that super amazing feeling, it's just kinda like, eh, it's fine, she's nice and we have fun. So, one day, you get tired of the charade and you break it off. That's what I hate about dating. I want it to be awesome and last forever. But, if it's not going to those awesome places in my heart, I have break it off. Some women just don't get that. But, how else can you know if you don't try for a while? It's a difficult thing.

Meeting women is easy. I don't usually have that problem. I just don't wanna right now.

I totally understand this. I have a close friend and coworker who I use to date. At the time we were dating we didn't work together. We enjoyed each others company and it was fun, but it just wasn't clicking for him.We split but still talked and hung out on a regular bases. He was the person who told me about the job opening where I work now. At the time he ended I didn't agree that we didn't click like that, but now I am so glad he ended it. He was right friends is all we were meant to be.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Not having someone to date!
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Finding Opie Winston in actual-person form.

Hell to the YES.
  • oliv2065
    Options
    Actually meeting someone locally is the hardest for me. I live in a community dominated heavily by married people, plus I work from home. Gave up on Match and PoF when I got tired of being some girl's idea of a "free dinner".

I have thought about dating sites but just could make myself pay to meet someone. I figure if I am going to meet someone online I have just as good of a chance meeting them on a free website as I do on one that charges. As far as being some girl's "free dinner" you can never tell what a person is truely looking for until that first date. Sometimes they are just trying to use you for dinner sometimes they are trying to use you for other things. Very seldomly I have I met someone who was trying to actually get to know me.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have not read everyone's response. Why not go and meet at a restaurant for a breakfast meeting?
    It can be healthy. Short (for people have to get to work) which is ideal for the first or second date.
    I do this and it is perfect. :drinker:
  • oliv2065
    Options
    I have tried that.... I don't make it home until 12:30 so I am not usually up for breakfast (remember I live an hour outside of town plus the time it would take to get ready).... and when I work night shifts I don't get off in time to meet up before work.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    Options
    Putting myself out there. I'm so shy...
    i hate this! why do people hide away in their little portable devices??? gah so annoying! like sometimes i can't even say hi to a girl because she's on her cell phone the whole time. (not talking btw)

^ That is rude no matter if it is woman or man doing it! Unless they are talking to their children and there is a problem or another type of emergency. I go with the assumption, that this person is not respectful. I let them know, if behavior has not changed, I leave.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    Options
    I have tried that.... I don't make it home until 12:30 so I am not usually up for breakfast (remember I live an hour outside of town plus the time it would take to get ready).... and when I work night shifts I don't get off in time to meet up before work.

^ I did read your post. I sometimes have to work a double shift. I get off around the same time as you. Now, I do emphasis with you -
    I do know that it is a thousand times harder with children. Please know that. I don't have children. I wish I did.
    I mentioned breakfast because I thought .

1 - You go home - long drive. Bonus: see your child and bond.
    2- You have a bath/shower and get brightened up
    3- child off to school
    4 - You are dressed like a new woman and meet your date for breakfast (late breakfast = brunch)
    5- It is short, you have not a lot of sleep, he has to get back to work, Meet for coffee and tea and share something to eat.
    6- If you like each, hugs back
    Go home
    Sleep
    Go to work
    Follow up with a letter on private message if you had a great time. :wink:
    Good Luck

Go you Gorgeous!!! You can do it. Enjoy you Adventure!!
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    I've been told by my male friends that I'm hot but that I appear to have a sign over my head that says "Don't even think about it, punk". So finding a date is a bit hard at times.

Plus I'm picky.
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    When you've had a long term relationship that ended badly, it's hard to just start dating again. You try so hard to forget and move on- but every new guy that comes along, you end up finding an excuse or reason to not give him the chance he deserves. It really sucks; especially when the new guy turns out to be someone wonderful.