Curvy girls who lost weight

Options
Curious if after your loss, if clothing trends worked better on you or if they were still awkward. I know fashion seems to favor the less curvey, but honestly I want to able to sport some of the trends ... but not all look good on my current curves.

So, speaking in terms of measurement and structure curves, not fat, when you lost weight did that help any? Or am I wishful hoping?

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    or not then. hmmm.
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    I would class myself as curvy. I have a 27 inch waist, 37 inch hips and horrible 28H cup boobs. Even after losing 15lbs, clothes are still awkward to find, sorry!
  • wrevhn
    Options
    I would class myself as curvy. I have a 27 inch waist, 37 inch hips and horrible 28H cup boobs. Even after losing 15lbs, clothes are still awkward to find, sorry!

really? oh poo. I love fashion, but thing look better on mannequins than after i try them on. like any baggy loose top looks dreadful, skinny jeans are not easy to do, and etc. oh well.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Some of the pants styles that are popular are just a bad idea for women like us.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am slender and curvy I think. Maybe im not i dunno xD

But I do have wide hips. I have a hard time finding pants that fit my butt and waist. Always tight around my butt and thighs, but baggy around the top
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Wear what flatters your figure, no matter what your size!!! Don't try and put a square peg in a round hole just because it's "trendy".
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Even when I was 115 lbs I was curvy - the 'traditional' hourglass shape. Nothing fit right. Ever. So, I'm honestly not expecting it to be any better when I lose my weight.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm short and curvy, I am loving my size 10 jeans Levi's but they kinda tight in the thighs and too long. I haven't shopped too much cause I still want to lose, I love jogging suits!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am slender and curvy I think. Maybe im not i dunno xD

But I do have wide hips. I have a hard time finding pants that fit my butt and waist. Always tight around my butt and thighs, but baggy around the top

I'ml the same way. I'm a plus size in the hips and compared to that really small in the waist. I have to wear hiphugger or low rise jeans. But they are so hard to find in my size!

There are trends I would like to try but not all work for me, so I do what I can. I'm able to at least look in style.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For me, when I was *slenderer* I found shopping in the womens' department the clothes fit better and looked better 'cause even at 125#'s I got big boobs and "child bearing hips" I wore a size 8 (or 10 for the top, depending how it fit) and thought clothes from the junior's dept made me "look fat."
  • VegKellyRN
    VegKellyRN Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've always been very curvy. I've always had a waist but plenty of butt and thigh and boobs haha. My highest weight was 211 pounds...I now weighed in at 172 and change today. I proudly wear skinny jeans and get many compliments. I could NEVER have worn them before...they were just weird looking.
  • SDsd
    SDsd Posts: 6
    Options
    Where are you based? If you're in the UK then have you tried Pepperberry for clothes? They do some amazing dresses and tops which are actually designed to fit breasts into them! Honestly, I think most clothes designers forget that women are not straight planks of wood!
  • caliborne
    Options
    i lost about 90 lbs and clothes fit better but some things will just have to be tailored. If you watch What Not To Wear, almost everyone has this issue. They say buy for your biggest body part and get the other part taken in.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Clothes are still very awkward, just in a different way. Seems to be the norm. I also have to deal with loose skin, so I have to make sure my clothes cover what need to be covered, etc.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy and slim. Honestly, it's hard to find clothes that fit. I'm better off wandering around in short shorts and a bikini top (see my pic) than finding clothes that fit my body right. -_- It's so hard to get it right that nudity is most flattering for my shape.
  • wrevhn
    Options
    well, darn. lol. thanks for answering. a long long time ago i was down to 105lbs (17 or 18) and usually stayed around 115-130 until quitting stuff like smoking. but it seems like forever ago, and as a younger teen i dressed differently.

I like the styles and want to try them, but do not want to look stupid just to be trendy. oh well. Guess I'll just have to cont be selective.

thx again gals.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Curious if after your loss, if clothing trends worked better on you or if they were still awkward. I know fashion seems to favor the less curvey, but honestly I want to able to sport some of the trends ... but not all look good on my current curves.

So, speaking in terms of measurement and structure curves, not fat, when you lost weight did that help any? Or am I wishful hoping?

I am curvy I think... 41" hips, 32" waist, 41" chest. haha perfect hourglass I guess. I have a hard time finding tops because of my triple d chest. but yeah.. it is still kinda tricky to find pants because I also have slightly larger than average thighs( hahaha) I am still working on my weight loss so I am thinking it will likely become easier, but I am not sure I will ever lose the chest so in that sense it still may be tricky..
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am 38-28-38, so pretty curvy. I've lost 35 pounds, and yes, I am still curvy. True curves (not just being overweight) has to do with your bone structure. I have broad shoulders, huge boobs, and wide hips. I also happen to have a small waist. I'll never be able to change that, no matter which diet I am on. So, no, still can't wear sweetheart dresses or babydoll dresses or strapless or A-line dresses (my waist is too high) BUT I can rock short shorts and v-necks. It's all about how you look at it! :) My style is more 60s/70s so I suppose the current style doesn't affect my ability to dress. But if you do love current style, good luck! I can't wear any of it. :/
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I was curvy and thinner years ago I used to wear Chic jeans. I hope they are still around. When I lose the weight, I'm sure I'll want them again. They felt good around my curves. Never found any that fit as good as they did. Chic petite, because I'm also only 5'1 which makes finding clothes even harder.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Still have same difficult time. The stores I've found that work well for pants, The Loft, The Gap, Seven brand jeans, Buckle. Ann Taylor for suit pants but buy a size smaller than you are, they tend to make the sizes larger. I'm 27 waist, 39 hips/butt, 36B Bra.