Curvy girls who lost weight

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 - 29 - 39. I am finding that the pants that fit my hips and legs are big in the waist. Or I need to get pants that fit "at waist" (aka high waist) which just isn't comfy for me, since I prefer a lower mid-rise. Vanity has some great jeans for curvy girls, do you have one of those stores nearby? I just retired (shrunk out of) my favorite pair from Vanity, the style was "Samantha". I got them two years ago and haven't been in the store since, but I'm hoping they still carry these!

I agree with wearing what fits your body.....or buy what you want and pay to have it tailored.

Those are my measurements too (at 5'5) but I have a short rise so I buy low rise jeans which end up being mid rise on me and they usually fit just right. AE artist jeans are my favorite. http://www.ae.com/web/browse/category.jsp?catId=cat20112 The trend with the boxy tops will never look good on girls with curves as it hides the waist and makes us look heavier.

I'm 34 or 36c ...honestly 35 but they dont sell that 28 39 hips, i got a big heart shaped butt and very short legs. lol so am a pear-glass i guess. a short legged one.

and @ neverstray... HA! made me laugh! I have that issue, so i always wear cute undies since theres a chance they will be seen.

should consider tailoring i guess.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What specific trends are you talking about? Also, just because something is a trend doesn't mean you have to wear it.
  • SherieHunt
    Options
    well said
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy. 40.5 inch hips and 26 inch waist. 5 foot 6. I spent $150 on two pairs of jeans from The Buckle 9 years ago and they still fit beautifully. No tears but soft and comfy. Perfect length. I only spent money on other jeans twice- when I was pregnant and this summer when I thought I was going to be 140 lbs forever. Then, I joined this site and my expensive jeans are back to comfy-like-pajamas status.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    What specific trends are you talking about? Also, just because something is a trend doesn't mean you have to wear it.

I don't do skinny jeans. I think they look ridiculous on everyone.
  • wrevhn
    Options

Its hard to think out of list of specifics, just i see cute looks, outfits, etc, I try to duplicate it cause i liked it and BAM ...ugo. Certain things I'll be surprised look ok, a decent bit are not the same on me as what i saw. I know i do not have to follow the trend, I just like some of it.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    This is the thread for me! haha I have a hourglass shape. Pants are horrible for me. I am also short so pants are too long and too big in the waist so I usually have to go to a tailor.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Even after losing weight, I'm still "curvy". I have a small waist and larger hips/thighs and a 34D chest. I can't do the super trendy, low rise styles of jeans, but I can rock a trendy looking mid-rise. Shirts are not as tricky as they used to be. I can't just pull clothes off the rack and buy them without trying them on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Your body shape is your body shape. If you tend to be a bubble butt (like me) you're not suddenly going to have pancake *kitten* (like my sister) just because you lost weight. It's not the fashions that are the problem, but the cut and quality of clothing. If you are built like a mannequin then cloths will fit you like they do a mannequin, however if you're not they won't no matter your size. My suggestion is to pay a little more and invest in the right cuts of clothes and look right in the fashions you want. Don't worry about what doesn't fit you, find the designers and lines that DO fit you. Spend the money on great quality classic basics and buy the in style accessories.

Also, don't be afraid to take your clothes to a taylor. For an extra couple of dollars an okay fit will turn into a great fit.
  • wrevhn
    Options
    Your body shape is your body shape. If you tend to be a bubble butt (like me) you're not suddenly going to have pancake *kitten* (like my sister) just because you lost weight. It's not the fashions that are the problem, but the cut and quality of clothing. If you are built like a mannequin then cloths will fit you like they do a mannequin, however if you're not they won't no matter your size. My suggestion is to pay a little more and invest in the right cuts of clothes and look right in the fashions you want. Don't worry about what doesn't fit you, find the designers and lines that DO fit you. Spend the money on great quality classic basics and buy the in style accessories.

Good advice. I guess I just need to look out further, since my options close are limited. The net buying scares me, I had a few bad fit experiences with it. Guess I need to go to Atlanta, its only twenty mins away, they will prob have more options for me.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Clothes are still awkward for me... I have almost no boobs, but my hips are pretty big... I'm a 34AA with a 30in waist and 38in hips. Most dresses and some shirts even look awkward. I try to ignore it, No one's perfect and everyone is shaped differently :flowerforyou:
  • emolias
    emolias Posts: 12
    Options
    I’m curvy and clothe looks better now!
    I don’t feel so conscious about my body anymore, I can wear leggings and show my booty ;-)
  • wrevhn
    Options
    I’m curvy and clothe looks better now!
    I don’t feel so conscious about my body anymore, I can wear leggings and show my booty ;-)

ah hah, a ray of hope then!

maybe.
  • _jen
    _jen Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 36-27-38 (though actually quite flat-chested - A cups!) and for me dresses that fit at the waist and flare out in the skirt are the perfect solution as they fit and balance my proportions. As for jeans, if you can find high-waisted skinnies then give them a go - as long as they have stretch they tend to fit me well as I can size down in them to fit my waist. So basically I would say go shopping, try lots of stuff on, and you'll find certain trends that both fit and flatter. Good luck! :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Good advice. I guess I just need to look out further, since my options close are limited. The net buying scares me, I had a few bad fit experiences with it. Guess I need to go to Atlanta, its only twenty mins away, they will prob have more options for me.

If you're heading to Atlanta, I was pleasantly surprised by h&m. In the past I've only been able to buy tops there (and maternity clothes). I tried on a pair of jeans about 5 years ago an almost yelled out "hey, sweet heart didn't anyone ever tell you crack kills?" To myself in the dressing room (I always sit down in pants before I buy them ????). Last year I bought 3 pairs of perfectly fitting slacks, no tayloring necessary.
  • wrevhn
    Options
    I'm 36-27-38 (though actually quite flat-chested - A cups!) and for me dresses that fit at the waist and flare out in the skirt are the perfect solution as they fit and balance my proportions. As for jeans, if you can find high-waisted skinnies then give them a go - as long as they have stretch they tend to fit me well as I can size down in them to fit my waist. So basically I would say go shopping, try lots of stuff on, and you'll find certain trends that both fit and flatter. Good luck! :)

thanks. trying high waisted might be something i need to open my mind too. My heart shaped butt looks "rounder" in lower rise, so i stick to them, but maybe i'll try some higher waisted ones.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I am considered curvy at 33.5-25.5-36 with only B cups. I actually find that can wear most trends/styles without issues. Although sometimes you have to try on different brands to find one that works. I wear low-raise jeans to avoid the gap at the waist.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's definitely better almost 30 lbs down. But I still have to be mindful of the way things are cut and the way proportions look on me.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

I don't do skinny jeans. I think they look ridiculous on everyone.

I agree with your 100%. They may be trendy but I put them in the "what not to wear" category. I wish women would realize that skinny jeans and low cut pants are not elegant when you have rolls and a muffin top, and short and not skinny legs.
  • wrevhn
    Options
    http://curvylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pzi-skinny-2.jpg

http://www.denimology.com/2009/04/PZI Jeans-7-thumb-440x660-6407.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jz0yA6s0LdU/Su9YafXUFaI/AAAAAAAABHU/RXCego6eJd0/s320/pziskinnyjean.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Od60xNRIkCU/TYkTf71rumI/AAAAAAAAHT4/zuzlPYTRAlY/V63_SOLVE-SUNDSBO_04.jpg

http://thecarbonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kim-266x400.jpg

I've seen girls with curves still work them. I cautiously wear them. only certain ways and all. i like the ones that feel like pj pants, so comfy and in colors too. to each their own. i still mostly wear bells/flares. but i am a die hard against all muffins. of any kind.