A year in the making: My Tough Mudder story

Options

Replies

• bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    one word: inspiration. thank you so much reading your story gives me hope. I'm slowly workin' my way up in my exercises from 20 min. walk only at the beg. to now 30-40 min. hills walking,, a low impact workout, strength training and just started Curves which does Zumba twice a week. you are workin' it girl.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Insane amounts of respect for you - just watched some of the TM videos and WOW WEEE! You are amazing, huge congratulations X
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    YOU are awesome!!!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    one word: inspiration. thank you so much reading your story gives me hope. I'm slowly workin' my way up in my exercises from 20 min. walk only at the beg. to now 30-40 min. hills walking,, a low impact workout, strength training and just started Curves which does Zumba twice a week. you are workin' it girl.

You'll get to your goals! Just keep at it. While I may have made the goal to do TM a year ago, this journey has really been about 5 years long. At my heaviest I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. I never thought I could do this. You'll see, you'll amaze yourself too.
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i think respect sums it up. Love this! Thank you fro sharing!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's my "life goal" to compete in a Tough Mudder competition. I want to be able to do ALL of the obstacles (....though I'm sure I won't, as I'm oh so horrible claustrophobic....and have the upper body strength of a hamster...).

Reading this just made my day. It's very inspiring for me to know that someone, who isn't basically an athletic trainer, can go through these and make it to the end. I can't imagine how on top of the world you feel knowing you competed and completed the challenge! :tongue:

And not only that, knowing that other people who aren't even associated with you are willing to help you out makes it even more exciting for me.

Thank you for posting this. I'm very inspired by your accomplishment by completing a Tough Mudder event!

Great job!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I want to cry.. reading this. You rock Lady! Thank you for sharing this. Because of your story.. I am now open to a tough mudder again.. I was too chicken before and had marked is a a no go at this time. Again, Congrats, you rock!
  • taramaureen
    Options
    I'm really surprised by all the "you make me want to crys" LOL
  • LaylaLoses
    Options
    This story is fantastic. I teared up towards the end - I am making it one of my goals to have determination like that. Good on you!
  • Sallybeee_fit
    Sallybeee_fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. ????
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you have inspired me. I am registered for the Carolina's Spartan Beast (same idea, a couple miles longer) next week and I was starting to get worried. I will think of you every time I start having doubts on the course.
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Do you think you will do it again next year?
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I am so incredibly impressed right now! I think I might set this as one of my goals!!!

by one of my goals, I mean one of my ultimate far off bucket list kind of goals.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Amazing! Super proud of you. I hope to complete a Tough Mudder someday as well.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i did the warrior dash couple a month ago and i was amazed how tired i was and how hard it was..i couldnt imagine 9 more miles of that so great job for finishing it even with the help of strangers. you did it great job
  • taramaureen
    Options
    Do you think you will do it again next year?

Yes. My team is signing up again for June or July in Lake Tahoe. I'm super excited.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i'm so excited that you finished!!! way to gooo! my son and friends have done several 5k mud runs the last few years and so tempted to a Tough Mudder! our goal is to do one next year....maybe i'll see you on the course!
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are AWESOME :)
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great job-the electrical wires are what scares me the most from doing this event-EVER.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!