My "shocking" story

Options
Heather_Rider
Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
I have never posted a success story, because i am FAR from finished, and i dont feel like i am "successful" yet, because I still have a long way to go... but, this is my "shocking" story. lol

I hate clothing. always have. Im a country gal. I own one pair of jeans. (yep, one) and some sleep/lounge pants, a pair of cotton shorts and about 8ish t-shirts... one hoodie and NO button up or "dressier" shirts at all. I dont even own a coat. I own one pair of boots for when it snows, one pair of black tennis shoes for winter, and one pair of white tennis shoes for summer. I bought my very first pair of flip flops this year, but have only worn them twice.

Im far from a girly girl. I dont wear makeup, and my idea of having my hair done is a ball cap and braids... :laugh:

Anyhoo.. back to that one pair of jeans... Its the same size 20, tight jeans for 8 years now. I started here on MFP on June 28th of this year. I noticed lately ive had to pull them up more and more when i go out. they tend to hang on my hips. Hubby finally told me i HAD to buy another pair of jeans... *sigh* okay... :indifferent:

I took some target gift cards i had aquired using swagbucks (did i menton part of the reason i dont like clothes is because im cheap? lol.. for myself. I will spend tons on others, but hate to spend on myself) so i took my gift cards and went to target. (the price of jeans has doubled in the past 8 years.. geeze!!!) so i grabbed a size 18 off the shelf, hoping i could squeeze into them and be comfortable... :ohwell:

hmm... a little loose. Well, as comfortable as they are, im not done losing weight, should i dare try a 16???

WOW~! a PERFECT FIT! Im on cloud 9!!!

Excited to tell hubby, he said to me.. "Why not try a 14? i mean, those fit right, but in 2 weeks, will they be too loose?"

a 14? loose? on ME? Is that possble? :bigsmile:

Well heck., why not? Lets try them on for shiz & giggles...

OH MY GOD, BECKY, LOOK AT MY BUTT!! :noway:

THEY FIT! A little snug, maybe a little more snug than i prefer, but they fit. buttoned up, zipped and not at all uncomfortable! and in a few weeks, they will be the PERFECT FIT!!!!!!!

new goal? 30 DAYS.. A SNUG SIZE 12.

Go me. *does the cabbage patch.. because, thats still cool, right? *shrugs*

:drinker:

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I have never posted a success story, because i am FAR from finished, and i dont feel like i am "successful" yet, because I still have a long way to go... but, this is my "shocking" story. lol

I hate clothing. always have. Im a country gal. I own one pair of jeans. (yep, one) and some sleep/lounge pants, a pair of cotton shorts and about 8ish t-shirts... one hoodie and NO button up or "dressier" shirts at all. I dont even own a coat. I own one pair of boots for when it snows, one pair of black tennis shoes for winter, and one pair of white tennis shoes for summer. I bought my very first pair of flip flops this year, but have only worn them twice.

Im far from a girly girl. I dont wear makeup, and my idea of having my hair done is a ball cap and braids... :laugh:

Anyhoo.. back to that one pair of jeans... Its the same size 20, tight jeans for 8 years now. I started here on MFP on June 28th of this year. I noticed lately ive had to pull them up more and more when i go out. they tend to hang on my hips. Hubby finally told me i HAD to buy another pair of jeans... *sigh* okay... :indifferent:

I took some target gift cards i had aquired using swagbucks (did i menton part of the reason i dont like clothes is because im cheap? lol.. for myself. I will spend tons on others, but hate to spend on myself) so i took my gift cards and went to target. (the price of jeans has doubled in the past 8 years.. geeze!!!) so i grabbed a size 18 off the shelf, hoping i could squeeze into them and be comfortable... :ohwell:

hmm... a little loose. Well, as comfortable as they are, im not done losing weight, should i dare try a 16???

WOW~! a PERFECT FIT! Im on cloud 9!!!

Excited to tell hubby, he said to me.. "Why not try a 14? i mean, those fit right, but in 2 weeks, will they be too loose?"

a 14? loose? on ME? Is that possble? :bigsmile:

Well heck., why not? Lets try them on for shiz & giggles...

OH MY GOD, BECKY, LOOK AT MY BUTT!! :noway:

THEY FIT! A little snug, maybe a little more snug than i prefer, but they fit. buttoned up, zipped and not at all uncomfortable! and in a few weeks, they will be the PERFECT FIT!!!!!!!

new goal? 30 DAYS.. A SNUG SIZE 12.

Go me. *does the cabbage patch.. because, thats still cool, right? *shrugs*

Way to go!! Very proud of you.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How cool! There is a BIG difference between a size 20 and a size 14. Well done!
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love stories like this! Congratulations!

Go on and rock those 12s girl!

• aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha you sound like me, i am a tom boy...most makeup ive ever worn is eye liner and hardly ever do that...and im the same way when it comes to buying stuff, hardly ever get stuff for me...and im cheap, i hate paying 20.00 for a pair of jeans!!!! or anything else for that matter. but.......congratulations! that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! Good stuff. Celebrate every victory, and thanks for sharing this one with us!

BABY GOT BACK!!
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe those old 20s actually stayed up! Good for you!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    This made me lol. You are a great writer, besides doing an awesome job! Congrats!
  • Jenada79
    Jenada79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The cabbage patch will ALWAYS be cool!

Well done!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Perhaps you'll soon find shopping for clothes more fun than you thought. Also, if you're cheap, don't underestimate the great stuff you can get for super cheap at secondhand places. Congrats. Quite an accomplishment!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    you are doing fabulously!!

and i bet you'll soon be shopping up a storm :wink:
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    oh wow. Great job, hope you go the size 12's.
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    that is frigin awesome =]
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    you are doing fabulously!!

and i bet you'll soon be shopping up a storm :wink:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Great story,and well done!!! Keep going :-))))
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats!
  • StellarChick85
    StellarChick85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    "It's just so ROUND and it's like OUT THERE." Heheh- I'd love to add you just because this post made me giggle. Congrats btw!! What a great success! :smile:
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have no doubt you will be in those 12's very soon! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think it's miraculous that you hadn't lost those 20s by now but My God, Girl, what an accomplishment!
  • Never2Bz
    Never2Bz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Reading your story gave me my first 'real smile' today (and it's 4:22 pm):smile: . Thanks! I needed that! Congrats on your success. Your story was charming.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!