Why do you workout?

Options

Replies

• DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I work because it lets me know that I have done something good for my body, I feel invigorated after I completed whatever workout I do. Working out has become a part of my daily regimen and I love it!!
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    looking my best and a devoted 30-60 minutes to block out the world.
  • mzh91
    mzh91 Posts: 1
    Options
    I workout because I like the feel of blood rushing and lactic acid build-up. When everything is tense, I like that intenser feeling a lot.

I workout in the evening, have a shower after workout and then straight to bed. I love to do it like this because the next day in the morning my body feels great and my skin shines.

I feel absolutely amazing!
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I workout for all the reasons I used to overeat, to relieve boredom, stress, and fatigue.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For me its to improve my health after a medical scare I had. I also want to be able to keep fit so I can keep up with the kids and to show them that its good to be fit.

I also love getting out into the middle of nowhere running. I love the feeling of rain hacking down on my when I'm running, or seeing the sun go down when I'm on top of a hill. I love overcoming challenges I set myself. I love the fun of biking with my friends.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    All that stuff sounds good and noble but honestly I workout to look good. I just want to get my body back to the way it was when I was in high school.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I started out exercising a lot when I realised I could eat back my exercise calories. Now I love working out as its fun, makes me feel and look good, clears my mind after at the end of the working day, helps me sleep and makes me feel more confident in myself. If I could, some days I would work out more than than I currently do.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Because I love what it does for ME mentally AND physically!!!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I workout because I want to look and feel better. I do it for me and only for me. I do not do it to get more girls, to make a ex jealous, or to look more like someone else. I am here to better myself and be the best me I can possibly be! I do not have a fitness idol, I just want to look in the mirror and like who I am. To live a long healthy life. So why do you workout? Is it for you and your family or is it for superficial reasons? I know I can't stand seeing posts with people comparing themselves to other people.

Thank you for this post!!!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I work out because it makes me stronger mentally and physically.

It's cleared up my clinical depression, driven me to be more productive during the day and makes me much more active with my kids.

It bolsters my self-esteem and makes me feel as though I have more self-worth than I ever thought I had.

When I'm in the gym- I feel like a beast. A 230 pound beast but a beast nonetheless!
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    #1 Doctor said move it or lose it (go on medications)

Joined the gym, got a PT. 4 months in I can't believe what I can do. Never thought I could do it. I actually like working out now!
  • mandalina79
    Options
    Pure and simple... Its my new obsession. Never thought I would push my body so hard and love it. Its good stuff!
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Working out has become a way of life for me because for health reasons I have to workout more. I don't make excuses because of my health issues, I am more motivated by them. Working out is good for my mind, body and soul.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I can move to NYC and be a high end dancer or stripper
  • Fgtoad
    Fgtoad Posts: 11
    Options
    I got tired of using my ms as a crutch for not doing things. Now I don't have to change the weights on the machines much at the gym and just ran my first 5k. It's kinda fun to prove people and doctors wrong.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i needed to workout, i couldn't even walk for 10mins, had two mini strokes, couldn't drive without craps on my legs. so it was a necessity for me. and yes i keep going and it's for me. i feel great. can move and now i walk 5-7 miles a day. loving it no more cramps, no more circulation problems. no more feeling like a whale. and yes i'm now in the Large size, it's been years. so loving myself again. and if i can do it, i want to encourage anyone reading this. you can do it too.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. I wanna look sexy :blushing:
    2. A year ago I had a heart scare... I was 22... way too early for that crap to start happening.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    cuz i wanna take my shirt off at the beach one time and have someone look over and think HOLY *kitten*!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    2 reasons:

1. to set an example for my children. Kids these days are WAY too sedate. How am I supposed to teach them to push themselves and be active if I'M sitting in front of the computer or TV dayafter day?
    2. To eat more...
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    to feel good---and to kick the boy's butts if i am being honest ;-)