The difference between saying 'I love you' and...

Options

Replies

• Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! I think it's silly to even think there is a difference. The difference is in the tone, not the words! Feelings are displayed in the tone! Simple as that!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I think the words "I love you" are very powerful, and people have dismissed it and reduced it to almost nothing, like the anoying - I:heart: whatever-.

I make it a point to say "I Love You" to my husband and kids. It means something more than just words to me. Im old school. I make it count:smokin:^^^This!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband I wub him
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Its weird but there's a difference to me lol. I say 'love you" like I would hi or bye. I only say "I love you" when I'm feeling particularly lovey dovey. So one is much deeper than the other, to me that is....
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am pretty fond of the term L-Bombs, personally. :)

But don't even get me started on the difference between Thanks and Thank you.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    A comedian on people typing "luv u" in texts:

“I am in no doubt that if you use the term 'luv' in a letter or text message then you are incapable of truly understanding the emotion. Artists have not pored over heartache and unrequited sentimentality for years so that our generation could decide that four letters is simply one too many to express how we feel.”
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I say "love you" to my husband, just to tell him I am aware of him in daily life or to end messages on the phone, but before I leave the house or when I am really with him (like cuddling) I say "I love you".
    Cause the latter phrase means much more to me and to the heart, you never know when you see someone back again or at all.
    Not being overly pessimistic, but traveling everyday and seen to much as a nurse!
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It depends on your partner. Some people use language in their own way, and if you know that, you shouldn't read into it when they don't use the same words that you do.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well we said I love you all the time, and the divorce was final 9/27

How does he TREAT you. Does he show compassion? Does he communicate? Does he show consideration?

THAT says "I love you" more than the words.

:flowerforyou:
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't really think there's much of a difference. When we're just saying it randomly, my fiance and I say "I love you". When one of us is leaving we give a peck on the lips and a "love you!" I suppose one is more when we're rushing, but they both mean exactly as much :)
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think you're over thinking. A lot.

^^^^This exactly.
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    I tell my husband I wub him

We do that too! :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'll say "I wub you" and he says "I love you too." And then I say, "No, I said I WUB you." and make him say it back :P
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    There's a difference. Laziness. Sometimes I'm just too tired to get out the extra "I".

Does it make it less meaningful? Maybe just as much as hearing it for the 12,823rd time. I think you're reading too much into it.

This, but also, your ticker picture is my mom's Facebook profile picture, lol. It actually reminds me of her, she makes that face.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I say love you all the time, i dont mean it any less than I love you… but thats just me
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    "I love you" = I care for you deeply, you mean the world to me.

"love you" = I'm sleeping with your best friend, it's over, I just don't know how to break it to you.

--P
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think you're over thinking. A lot.

THIS!!!!
  • crw72209
    Options
    We say "I love you" , "love you" , "lovers you", "luv dew" (which is returned with "luv dew too).

I don't think it's laziness at all but that's my personal relationship.....maybe if you are bothered by it your relationship is in trouble!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I cupped her face in my hands, looked deep into her eyes and siad....I f***ing love you.

From the soul people.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    458b26240c44a37ae22524cca5ff1213.gif

^^^This

Honestly if someone is telling you they love you. Be happy. Stop looking for reasons to freak out.
  • crw72209
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I AGREE!