I'm addicted to Kraft Mac and Cheese

Options

Replies

• malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options
    omg this made me LOL bigtime. Man, I feel you bro. I love the velveeta & shells! I love it even more with hotdogs cut into it @w@ om nom nom x3
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options
    I really want to try that crunchy mac n cheese that I see on food network all the time! Never had it before..
  • Javelin3o4
    Javelin3o4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like it with ketchup.

lol I was gonna say the same thing. Although I do love me some Velveeta Shells and Cheese.
  • banks89202
    Options
    OMG it's like having a cheese crack attack...I love it!
  • not_alone
    not_alone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    where do you live overseas? (if it's ok to say... if not just say western or eastern hemisphere.) I think the culture in the world at large is so different than the USA culture of cheap, almost free, unhealthy carlories. No wonder I feel like I'm missing something when I don't eat like "regular" americans!
  • not_alone
    Options
    The annies is actually pretty high in protien, isn't it? And much less of the addictive properties for me. THanks for the reminder!
  • not_alone
    Options
    OMG! We must be twins....I used to eat it daily. I can't just have a little...I need to eat the whole box!!!! It's so good. And I do not like homemade mac and cheese nearly as much....it's not the same. Nom nom nom

I think we are twins then. I am even emassing running (5K) numbers like you have there! Not as many as you though.
  • not_alone
    Options
    omg this made me LOL bigtime. Man, I feel you bro. I love the velveeta & shells! I love it even more with hotdogs cut into it @w@ om nom nom x3

I just don't think it's going to be a safe food. I mean, really... my brain shuts off and then I "come to" with an aching, sharp pain in the belly, with orange sauce on my lips. (Half kidding but you get the idea)
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I can't do the Velveeta stuff, but I do love both homemade and kraft mac and cheese. I just started eating easy mac a few months ago (at age 25, weird I know) and I eat it all the time now. It's a great substitute for the boxed stuff and good for portion control. Plus you can throw anything in it; tuna, veggie dogs, veggie burgers, etc.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one. I also introduced my husband to the joys of the blue box (and to Spaghettios too). I feel kind of guilty about it.
    If I'm feeling feisty I'll take an organic free-range beef hotdog, slice it super-thin and fry it so it's crispy. Then top my mac and cheese from a box with my fancy hot dog bits. I'm either defiling the hot dog or sanctifying the macky cheese.
  • marliray1998
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Mac and cheese. One time I craved it so bad I made 3 cups worth and spread it our during the day and that was the only thing I ate. I actually did that for a whole week once. It only added up to 1140 cals a day though.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i like it too. and do you know what? if you look at the box it says the calories are for UNCOOKED. and if you want to know the cooked calories you need a microscope. i have very very good vision and i can't read what it says on the back of the box where it says cooked/uncooked. its so evil of them.
    i wanted to tell you LEAN CUISINE has a mac and cheese product out i use. its under 400 calories and portion controlled. use that instead of kraft so you dont over eat it.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ...and now I'm craving macaroni and cheese.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It's practically a food group in Canada...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE
  • not_alone
    Options
    I still love it... but I'm off the carbs (for today) and thus it's just not something I eat today.... tomorrow may be another story. I did find some low cal cheese powder made naturally from Barry Hill Farms... 45 calories in a 1/4 cup... I had some on my hamberger (no bun of course) and it tasted great. In other news, has anyone tried butter-flavored spray like to spritz on veggies?

Mark
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    How to break any addiction. Wean.

What if you worked it into your cal goal for once a day.

Then after two weeks. You alternate days.

Then after a month of that, you let yourself have it 3 times a week.

Then the following month maybe go down to twice a week....then you decide where to take it from there.

Then you call it the Mac and cheese diet. And change your username to MyMacandCheeseDiet. Ur welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    When I make it, I nix the butter (I can't even tell the difference really).. and I will add a bag of frozen peas/carrots and maybe some tuna... It makes it into a huge bowl of food, so I actually end up consuming less of the mac n cheese..

My husband, on the other hand, puts like double the amount of butter, heavy cream if we have it, adds in shredded cheese and cream cheese, and then puts some garlic salt and pepper. Yeah. I don't let him make it often.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like it with ketchup.

Are you Eastern European?
    I firmly believe they eat everything with ketchup.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    there is a place in Seattle that makes its own cheese....Beechers - - and they make a macaroni and cheese that i would probably KILL for..............so flippin good.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I dream of Beecher's. I actually tried to arrange a layover at JFK so I could take the train from the airport to downtown as NYC also has one. I almost spent $50 on transportation just for a bowl of that deliciousness. D$($# delayed flight!!!!!