Options

Replies

• MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    DVD

Elliptical

Just Dance

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • Dutchie1961
    Options
    I run: in winter 2x week on the TM at home, and 2x week outside. Used to be an endurance runner (long distance), but started school again a year ago and with a full time job have no time for 2-3 hour runs any more.

For strength training I use dvds: mostly Cathe Friedrich dvds, but also Kelly Coffey-Meyer and the occasional month with Supreme 90 Day. Tried P90X but can't stand Tony Horton. Am about to buy the Body Beast dvds.

For extra cardio (tabata, HiiT), I use the online workouts from ZuzannaLight and Bodyripped.net. Or use a mix of exercises from both ladies. Plus cardio dvds from Cathe Friedrich.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner mainly, but I also do videos in my home gym. I've done Insanity and George St. Pierre's RushFit and now have been doing the Cathe Freidrich's Muscle Max, which is resistance training.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity, ChaLean Extreme (just the circuits) and 3 more days will be finished with Tapout XT! I love dvd workouts and they gave me results :)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy and the challenges available and a community a lot more forgiving and affirming.

HAHA, that's because it's full of gamers. I haven't been that active lately, mostly because I'm pregnant and most of the goals and challenges are not geared towards that. I will be jumping back on as soon as I'm able after this pregnancy is over.

Youtube is a great place for videoes if you don't want to go buy alot of DVD's. I have a Wii and love most of the fitness games on it. My favorite was EA Active Sports 2, but it has a tendency to glitch. But, it was also a great workout. This game is available on the PS3 as well.

I bought The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. It's great for finding new ideas of things to do. I put the exercises on flash cards and pick things to do. It keeps my routine fresh.

Right now, though, my go to exercise is walking. I don't do it daily, but I try to.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner mainly, but I also do videos in my home gym. I've done Insanity and George St. Pierre's RushFit and now have been doing the Cathe Freidrich's Muscle Max, which is resistance training.
    How did you like rushfit? I am considering getting it. Is there much to do in it without handweights? I already follow a lifting program so I don't use handweights in DVDs
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, and Jackie Warner DVDs. Right now, I'm doing JM's Body Revolution, and I'm going to do Insanity after that.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' voice really does my head in so I opted for the Insanity workout suite, but I have adapted it to accomodate two heavy lifting workouts per week and I rest on my Yoga class day which is not aerobic and is within my strength range.

Other things I do: cycle to work (2 - 8 miles one way, depending on where I am based), run on the beach once a week and go straight into the sea for a swim after - I am so blessed! and two yoga clases per week - my teachers are wonderful.

Walk my dog every morning and I have an allotment garden which keeps me busy and well fed with home grown vegetables.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I have a treadmill and some weights, and I make up my own routines from different websites. Martial Arts is also a supplement to my home workouts, but i'm considering getting Tapout XT and incorporating that as well.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity, Turbo Fire for cardio and Cathe Friedrich's STS Mesocycle system for weights. Did p90x but got tired of Tony Horton haha. Between those 3 sets of dvds I get all the workouts I need.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS here are my results it is a gr8 program. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/paruls86/view/30-day-shred-results-431398
    I am starting with tapout XT soon
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv is my favorite free site and of course youtube. I have also done Insanity, Chalean Extreme and I'm currently in the last 2 weeks of Tapout XT, also all the Jillian Michaels DVD. I love the sandbag videos on youtube because I own one. Also the Ugi ball is nifty and has a workout book that comes with it.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    What do you usually do? Are there any sites or DVDs you prefer to use when you workout? I usually stick to fitnessblender.com and yoga videos I get On Demand. But, I'd like to have more of a variety of choices.

I do Tabata and HIIT training in circuits, works well for me
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Zumba, Chalean Extreme + Turbo Fire hybrid and Hip Hop Abs :P hehe.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I started with EA Active Sports 2 on the Playstation, which is pretty much like any of the circuit training dvds, except your virtual fitness trainer will yell at you if you don't do the exercise or don't do it right.

Now, I run outside and lift weights inside, currently following stronglifts.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I change it up every day with spin bike, zumba, turbo fire, p90x, shred it with weights, running, etc......
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My first, foremost and most regular exercise committment is traditional Okinawan karate. I've been at it for 3 years and finally earned my black belt in June, that keeps me on my toes for sure. I have Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible, 6 different workouts, split between upper and lower body, 30 Day Shred, Tae Bo which I am just not coordinated enough for, a balance ball, a ton of dumbbells, up to 15lb, a 12lb medicine ball, great for russian twists, and a weight bench/gym setup for bench press, squats leg press, etc. I also have a treadmill, and a bike trainer for my rodie, depending on the weather, but I prefer to be outside. My rodie is brand new to me, and it's not snowing yet, so I'll be on that till I can't ride outside anymore then I'll move it in with the trainer, and some great podcasts. I have exercise ADD, i can't always be doing the same thing day-in and day-out...

I also went through C25K which was an AWESOME program. My podcasts were from Runningintoshape.com

:) Enjoy!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Sorry to butt in...

When I read the title of this thread, my brain adds ''I salute you''

(to the tune of ''for those about to rock.''

Any way I salute anyone working out at home!

That's it, I'll toddle off now. Carry on.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I did one round of 30 Day Shred and loved it. I lost 7lbs and one jeans size. I'm considering going for another round. I also have a punching bag that I try and work with a couple times a week (though I need to build up my endurance...I'm beat after about 10 minutes), a jump rope, 5 lb hand weights (which really don't challenge me anymore, but I can't afford to buy new ones) and an 8 lb medicine ball. I use an app on my phone called Skimble (I highly recommend!!) which has hundreds of workouts ranging from 2 minutes fitness tests to hour long workouts. I pick random ones a couple times a week and complete those, they definitely get me sweating! I also have Comcast so I use the On Demand channel if I really am bored and want something different, but I find it hard to concentrate as some of them move really slowly. This week I'm starting a "No Cheat Week" posted from a friend on Instagram, and with that I'm going to try to alternate one day on my elliptical and one day jogging outside. I can't do the elliptical every night because it kills my legs!

Anyways, this is just one of the many examples posted by others that you do not need a gym membership to lose weight!! I've lost 36 lbs without stepping foot in a gym! :-)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Walking the dog.
    Rehabbing my weed- and rock-choked flower beds. Whew - now that's a workout!

I think I'll look up the shred, maybe try it out. I need buns instead of flat pancakes.