For those who workout at home...

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I just finished Month 1 of Insanity. My butt looks incredible.
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cathe.com, Cathe is awesome she has cardio and strength workouts. Her form is spot on. Also coffeyfit.com, Kelly hasca line of 30 minutes videos. She is great instructor. And there is zwow on youtube.
    Go to totalfitnessdvds.com or collage video for dvds. And videofitness.com has reviews on all types of workouts.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner mainly, but I also do videos in my home gym. I've done Insanity and George St. Pierre's RushFit and now have been doing the Cathe Freidrich's Muscle Max, which is resistance training.
    How did you like rushfit? I am considering getting it. Is there much to do in it without handweights? I already follow a lifting program so I don't use handweights in DVDs

Have to admit I didn't love it but I only did a couple of workouts. I felt like GSP was dumbing it down and couldn't stand that. But what I did had hand weights... go for something like Tapout XT or Insanity for something more cardio-like.
  • thebig_trg
    thebig_trg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    NFL Boot Camp on the Wii first thing in the morning, 2-3 times a week; kettlebell; treadmill and walking outdoors -- these exercises are all part of my ever changing routine. I'm losing plenty of inches and feeling great (although I wish the scale would move down more often). Oh, I also play softball once a week in a rec week. The key is just to keep moving more days out of the week than not.
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a stationary bike and watch netflix at the same time. I don't even realise I'm doing anything, It's a great feeling!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I almost took a picture of all my workout videos this morning, realizing how many I have lol.

This morning I did Turbo Jam total body blast and Zumba Fitenss (xbox) Then there is, Turbo Jam Kickin it core, Zumba Rush (xbox) Bob Harper Kettlebell cardio, BH Kettlebell Sculpt, Bob Harper Pure Burn Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior, Bob harper Core, Jillian Micheals S&S, Jillian Michaels Kettle Bell, another JM cant remember name, Tae Bo Elite, Leslie Sansone 3-5 Miles, 2 belly dance workouts, 1 exotic dance workout, 1 hip hop workout, Brazilian Buttlift workouts (2) Yoga Booty Ballet, The Firm, and I think Im missing a few...So far Bob Harper workouts are my favorite next to Zumba...

I've used some of the workouts on XOD they can be pretty good too.

I love being able to workout out at home, Ive done the gym rat routine which I loved too - but I feel like I get such a better variety at home.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on with Wii or xBox kinect. Yes I have both at home. Another option is Kettlebell workouts from youtube or Yoga & pilates on Netflix.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i have done 30DS and im now doing insanity only got 1 week left and loving the difference! but i also have different fitness games for my wii and dance games like zumba that i love, if im bored indoors ill walk or go out on my bike but as im in uk and its getting colder i dont really use my bike much now!
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    zumba (wii), 30DS, or any other workout video u find in youtube.. I recently found Tiffany Rothe videos, and love them!, im actually in pain right now cause of them :tongue:

I love the Tiffany Rothe lower abs pt 2 video!
  • Jose2828
    Options
    I have a tredmill and a total gym. it is a pretty good combination, I am looking to get a exercise bike soon.

If you allrady have a bike, then look at bike stands.
  • cullyn
    cullyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first round of Insanity!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started working out when I was a teenager, so I have quite a few VHS workouts (Denise Austin, BodyShaping, Step Reebok, etc.)

I also have Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Brazil Butt Lift, and Supreme 90.

I am currently doing Turbo Fire for cardio and then doing whatever I feel like for resistance work. I can't workout with the same instructor for too long or I get bored, so my current regimen is geared with that in mind.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Beachbody - doing Turbo Fire right now & love it. Think it's my fave so far!
    I am about to start this!!! As soon as I can afford it :-/ I think it will be worth it :) I am also wanting to do p90x, I may do a hybrid as soon as I can.

Currently I am doing kettlebells, my own weight routines (hiit) Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper (the kettle bell workout) and many more! I love working out at home!!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of " Pump it up" dvds and a couple of Davina ones, i mix them up to keep it interesting
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    I run (Couch to 5 k), I lift, I'm starting Insanity in a couple of weeks, sometimes I do Tae Bo if I have extra energy to burn and do Pilates and Yoga. I'm too cheap for a gym but sometimes think about joining one for the equipment, but I don't know...
  • Fittabulous
    Fittabulous Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to be a gym rat, but I had no choice but to work out at home when I had my last baby. I started off with the beachbody program Insanity, and then did Insanity Asylum, and now about to start on Asylum 2. I've actually had better results from these programs than I did at the gym.
  • momo0884
    Options
    I love my XBox360 Kinect. I normally stick with the Just Dance games, however I've done the Zumba and even just the Kinect Adventures can be a workout if you really get into it.
  • bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually walk on my treadmill and either listen to my iPod or watch a video on Netflix to keep my mind occupied.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Running & Walking (outdoors)
    On Demand Exercise Videos [free through the local cable system]
    YouTube videos (P4P, BeFit, JM)
    Sixpackfactory.com (weights and abs)
    DVDs (10 Min Trainer)
    Elliptical
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love to walk - whether it is on my treadmill, walking my dogs at the marina or just walking around running errands. Also use hand weights and resistance bands.