Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5k run times

Just had to share and wanted you to share too!

I finished my FIRST 5k at age 47 in 31:39. I placed 734th out of 1851 entries and 100th out of 280 in my age group! (Yay me!)

Come on runners-share your accomplishments!

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Congratulations! I had a great chilly four mile run this morning!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    5k this morning :)
    PB is currently 33mins, looking to get sub 30 as soon as I'm able.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Well, I'm not running 5Ks yet but I ran my first 5 miles today! I'm really proud because I never thought I'd ever run or enjoy running but I do!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Congrats! First 5k time was 41 minutes. Now I'm down to a solid 36. I hope to just keep on improving :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    If you`ve done 5 miles then you`ve done approx 8k...:bigsmile: So well done
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Congrats - I have not been brave enough to enter a race yet, so huge respect to you
    Personal achievment for me today, I graduated from the beginners to the improvers running group in my town and 4.5 miles - sooo happy (and sore) :happy: :happy:
  • marymack427
    marymack427 Posts: 12 Member
    Congrats! I am running my first one on November 3rd. I am very nervous but excited for it!
  • I haven't ran any 5K's yet but currently my time for running 3 miles is 36 minutes. I am trying to get down to 30 minutes.
  • I finished a 1/2 marathon on Sunday in 2 hours 14 minutes and 8 seconds.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    First 5k was this past Sat. 43 min and 41 seconds! Only place to go now is down!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Outstanding!! I just finished Mud Factor 5K (Mud Run obstacle course) in Sacramento in 1:17 ... so many better looking people that were far more out of shape than myself!
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    congrats! I finished my 1st two years ago in 31:54. I finished one two weeks ago in 21:37 .. it's amazing how good it feels to continually get better! Keep on chuggin.
  • 5k this morning :)
    PB is currently 33mins, looking to get sub 30 as soon as I'm able.

Ditto to this... But not in the morning last night!
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    I drove a route around my neighborhood, trying to figure out what path would be around 3.1 miles, which equals a 5k.

I've done that route twice now, as I'm training for my first non-walking 5k which is on Oct 20th.

29 and 27 minutes so far.

I'm hoping my measurements are accurate, as my goal was to do it in under a half hour.
  • First was 33:17. Couldn't believe I finished let alone ran under 35:00!
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Ran my first and only 5k July 14th @ 195lbs (down 90lbs) at 27:48. NOW I have no clue how the heck that happened. Divine intervention I suppose.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    My first was 39 minutes! I hope to have improved by the next one; it was so fun though!
  • Congrats...now you have the running/racing bug. Former runner who is just getting back into it. Ran sub 25 a couple of weeks ago and now training for 7:30 pace....not like high school or college, but at least I am still running at 57.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    I have run several 5K's, they range from 30:33 to 36 due to the different courses they are on...we are soon starting our 2nd year of them on the same courses so that will better tell me if I got faster, but my home loop I do is 2.59 and I was 34 and now I am under 26 so.....I average about 10:30/mile on a good day :)
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    My most recent 5k was 27:21.
    But I used to run in high school and ran in the low 25's so I'm working to get back to there.
    Great job everyone!